Chapter Nineteen

Robert's POV

I woke up alone and wishing I wasn't.

After shutting off my alarm and brushing my teeth, I had the strongest urge to contact Jerry. But, like yesterday, I resisted the urge.

Jerry had been abundantly clear about where we stood: we were fuck buddies. Fuck buddies didn't text each other good morning, even if they did happen to have the kind of ground-breaking sex that should only happen in movies.

God, we really had the best sex.

I made myself breakfast, went to the gym for a few hours, and met a very grouchy Aidan for lunch.

"You should know," I said the moment he sat down. "You're my entire social circle. Is that pathetic?"

Aidan glared at me. "Are you roasting me?"

"Roasting?" I asked, shaking my head at the man. "You need to stop hanging out with college students."

Aidan crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. "Mhmm. Says the guy who's fucking one."

There was a cute younger couple in a booth across from us who looked scandalized.

I tried to avoid their judgmental stares and lowered my voice. "I'm doing him a favor...sexually," I corrected. "I'm teaching him about kink and buying him nipple rings. In return for, you know, cool kid tips on how to make a kink club boujee."

Aidan rubbed his temples. "My brain is melting right now with your stupidity."

A young server popped up and asked us for our drink order. I got a water and Aidan ordered a glass of wine.

At my expression, he raised his hands in a defensive gesture. "Okay, okay, if it's wine it basically does not fucking count, okay? ...Don't tell Finn."

"How is it your brain that's melting?" I grumbled. Just as I was about to go into even more detail about why Aidan was more stupid than I was, I spotted a horrific sight. "Holy— ew, that is gross."

Aidan turned to look in the direction I was staring at. "What? Wait, is that Adam and Jim? Seriously, why are they like attached at the hip? Do you think they're fucking?"

The two men were being led to their table by the server, so I dropped my eyes and turned my head. Aidan buried his nose into the menu. Once they were sat, I was able to position my head out of their view.

"What are they doing?" Aidan whispered. His gray eyes were fillies with a mixture of curiosity and disgust. "Are they eating faces?"

I looked over with spy-like stealth. "No...no, they're arguing over the menu I think."

Aidan squinted. "I'm suspicious."

"Maybe they're stalking us," it suddenly dawned on me. "I'll go rough them up. This Lincoln guy needs to be put in his fucking place."

Aidan grabbed my wrist and kept me seated. "Dumbass, you can't just rough people up in a restaurant! Oh, hi."

The server awkwardly cleared his throat. "Yeah, please no roughing up, haha. What can I get you today?"

Cringe.

I awkwardly cleared my throat and ordered with Aidan. The server took our order and glanced behind his shoulder at me briefly as he walked away. Oops.

Aidan's expression was extremely judgmental. "This is why Jerry calls you psychotic. And he's right. We're going to ignore their existence and hope they don't notice ours."

The majority of my mind was dead set on going over and intimidating weasel Lincoln. But I'd wait until lunch was over and Aidan was heading out.

"Anyway," I said, making Aidan relax completely. "You know that I'm redesigning my club. I feel like what this state is really lacking is a club that isn't some seedy sex place. I want my club to be up-scaled, in a way, where you have to have a certain amount of class to get in."