Chapter Four

Adam's POV

I hated my job.

First off, college students were stupid. Every single last one of them. They didn't care about my class, they didn't care about writing, they all probably didn't even know how to do taxes or fix things without duct tape.

Second off, I had to see my ex-husband's hot younger boyfriend literally three days out of seven, which was aggravating and demoralizing. The worst part was that the kid wasn't even bad at writing. Thankfully, finals were in three weeks.

Third off...well, there really wasn't a third off. Most of my hatred and misery stemmed from my ex-husband and his hot boyfriend.

I buried my head against my desk and groaned.

"Are you okay, teach?" Jeremey McQueen drawled. "Sounds like you're trying to pass a kidney stone over there."

Oh yeah. That kid was also a pain in my ass.

The whole class snickered and I glared. "This is supposed to be a writing workshop. Are you writing?"

Jerry rolled his eyes and got back to work.

This was our first class since we'd...had our incident. In my office. On all of my papers. It was a very awkward class and I wanted to die a little bit.

If I were to do some soul searching, yes, it was entirely possible that I'd fucked Jeremy McQueen over my desk because he was a pain in my ass and I wanted to give him a pain in his. I also maybe had some residual feelings about my ex-husband falling in love with a student.

I glared into Finn Evans' soul. Or, rather, at his head of light pink hair. He probably had a light pink soul too, because he was sweet and nice and didn't cheat on people.

I was such a fucking loser.

I stared at my computer and pretended like I was doing something productive. The classroom was awkwardly silent, which was my fault, but I couldn't imagine giving a lesson while knowing that I'd fucked one of them two days ago.

The pink haired girl started to whisper to Jerry and I squeezed my eyes shut. I heard the words "Professor Demos" and "horse dildo" before excusing myself to go to the bathroom and telling them to behave.

I shut the door to my classroom behind me and my heart stuttered in my chest when I saw who it was.

"I don't think this is the greatest idea," my ex-husband, Aidan Demos, drawled. "I'm not a hippie-dippie snowflake like my boyfriend, but I've learned through experience that violence doesn't solve everything."

He was leaning up against the wall, looking hot as ever in a gray t-shirt and jeans. He never dressed up for his job, because he had that whole 'rebel' thing going. ...Which was also apparent from the dog that stood by his heels.

It never felt good to see him again. I'd always feel sick to my stomach, because of guilt, longing, love, or anger...it was confusing.

This time I felt all those things, and then I felt pain as I was being slammed up against a wall.

"Not you again!" It was the psychotic hulk man from before.

I got traumatic flashbacks to the first time this guy had me pinned against a wall. He was the same guy who'd threatened my life after I'd tried to blackmail Aidan.

"Okay, you can leave now, Aidan," the beast of a man said, pressing me to the wall with a grip on the front of my shirt.

"I still want to know why you're doing this..." Aidan grumbled.