Chapter Eleven

Adam's POV

"You're kind of bumming me out, man."

I drank my beer and listened to Rick and Morty. It was way more interesting than Jim's irritating nagging. "Explain to me, again, why you're in my house," I demanded, not bothering to look away from the TV screen.

John was a constant pain in my side. I still had yet to figure out why he talked to me. Our plan to seduce (blackmail?) Aidan Demos had failed months ago. And yet here the guy was, showing up at my house probably about three times a week.

"I'm kinda worried for you," he chirped, sliding a little closer to me on the couch.

"Let me guess: you want to give me a blowjob to make me feel better," I drawled, trying to ignore the fact that my cock jumped at the idea.

No, bad penis. Down. John was annoying.

He shrugged. "Well, you said it--"

"No," I sighed, waving him off. "I'd rather you didn't bother me. I'm having...well. I'm just feeling a little remorseful about what we tried to do to Aidan, I guess."

John groaned, leaned back, and lit a cigarette. He dropped his feet into my lap. "Okay, Vanilla. Go ahead. Talk about your emotions. Daddy's here."

Ew. That was disgusting.

I was going to shoo him away, but I secretly wanted to talk about my emotions. "Yesterday a student threatened to get me fired. Well, I deserved it. I was grading his papers more harshly than other students, and I did have sex with him in my office." John sputtered. "I don't know, it just made me feel bad."

John stared at me. "You had sex with a student?"

"Well, that's not really the point," I dodged. "Can't you focus on what I'm trying to say here? It feels...shitty, ya know, to be in the position we put Aidan in."

John groaned. "Obviously we weren't doing anything nice. How stupid are you?"

"I knew that! I just didn't really think about it that much, because we weren't ever actually going to get him in trouble," I sighed shaking my head ruefully.

John blinked. "Right. Yup. Exactly. We were just playin'. It wasn't even that big of a fucking deal."

"...Maybe," I sighed, taking a long sip of my beer and wishing John would just go away. I wanted to wallow in self-pity and misery, like usual.

He stood up and I sighed in relief. Finally. My beer, Ricky and Morty, and no more annoying pains in my asses lurking on my couch.

"I have an idea," the guy proposed, raising one finger in the air like he was about to say something philosophical. "Why don't we go out and have a good time together?"

I glared. "No. Your idea of a good time is illegal."

"Stand up," he snapped, grabbing at my arm. I let him tug me because I had nothing better to be doing with my life. "We're going to get you laid, since you refuse to have sex with me."

"Your version of sex is demented."

"C'mon young caterpillar," John drawled. I wrinkled my nose. That was definitely not right quote. "I'm going to teach you how to have a fun time. Is it past ten o'clock yet?" He checked his wrist watch and grinned. "Perfect. Go put on something black."

Great. Now I had to figure out whether he was taking me clubbing or bank robbing.

I managed to find a black turtle neck, so I kind of looked like Tom Cruise in the interview where he lost his mind. Eventually I unburied a pair of black jeans. One look in the mirror had me cringing. I looked like the protagonist in a budget spy movie.