Chapter Twenty

Jerry's POV

Robert hated me.

That was the only sensible explanation for why he would send me something so disgusting and horrible. Instead of being a good person and deleting the picture, I giggled and said to Finn, "Hey, wanna see something funny?"

Finn looked up from his book and nodded. "Yeah, unless it's another meme about Tiger King. You need to stop. That ended a long time ago."

"It's not, I promise! Here, look." I shoved my phone in his face.

Finn covered his mouth and looked at it the way someone might look at a car crash. "What the fuck? Is that...holy shit. Adam and Jim? We have to show the guys."

Approximately two minutes later, the whole gang was clustered in our dorm room. Viv and Brianna were in their pjs with their hair a complete mess, so we'd either interrupted their sex or one of their very intense Guitar Hero competitions. Ben was wearing only a pair of boxers with the characters from Yuri on Ice.

"Were you bitches having a sleepover or something?" I spat with disgust.

"We were having a threesome," Ben said, sitting on my floor.

Finn and I looked at each other, trying to decide if that was a joke.

"He was kidding," Viv said, deadpan. "I don't like penis."

"Whatever," Finn said, waving them off. "You have gotta see this. Look at this picture. Can we please please do something about this tomorrow?"

Ben and Brianna began to cackle. But Viv meant business. A spark of evil glimmered in her eyes.

The very next day, Finn, Viv, and I were crowded together in Writing with a game plan. We'd also chosen to record the whole thing for the benefit of Benny and Brianna, who unfortunately had to be in other classes at this time.

I leaned back and groaned the second Adam walked into class. "Fuck, I am so hungry," I groaned. "Hungry for lip-lockin'."

Adam's eyes shot straight to mine. Oh yeah, he knew. "Let's wait for the rest of our classmates in silence, please," he said, voice cold.

Viv leaned over and whispered, "Me and Brianna are going on a lunch date after this."

"Cute," I added. "Gonna make out the whole time?"

"Of course!"

Adam stared at the ceiling like he was contemplating trying to blast off into outer space to get away from us. "Do you or do you not understand the meaning of silence?"

We quieted down. Our time would come later.

Later was, after fifteen minutes of introductory lecture, when Adam forced us to discuss the study guide questions on our text.

"I loved the part about when the two girls peed on the fire," I sighed. "It reminded me of my kink...urination."

Viv moaned. "Mine is voyeurism. It's a dream of mine to make out with my girlfriend in front of my ex. During lunchtime."

Damn, Viv was good.

I turned to Finn. "You're quiet today."

Finn gave us sad puppy-dog eyes. He dropped his voice to a real whisper and said, "Guys, I feel bad for him! What if he honestly likes Jim and we're embarrassing him?"

Finn clearly forgot about the time when Adam blackmailed him and tried to steal his boyfriend.

I didn't forget. Also I didn't have any mercy, because this man had been lying about my grades for an entire semester.