Chapter Thirty-Seven

Jerry's POV

We'd been dating for a month — and fucking for much longer than that — so Robert decided to take me on a nice dinner date to celebrate both anniversaries.

It was even better than Red Robin, somehow.

Robert was looking so handsome tonight, in a dark blazer and dress pants. I felt kind of like a pitiful little peasant, sitting next to him in my plaid button down. Especially considering we were in the kind of Italian restaurant that provided cloth napkins that were folded into little cones.

"This place is amazing," I sighed, giving him my best romance eyes. "You totally deserve to fuck me in the ass after this."

Robert was startled into laughter, and then his foot found its way to my ankle. He sent me a wicked smirk. "I should've made you sit through this dinner with a plug in your ass, devil boy."

I gave full, 100% effort into the magnitude of my pout. "But...that would've been mean, because this is my special night."

"Our special night—"

"Oh, no, it's mine!" I argued, holding up my water. "Cheers to me, finding myself in a stable relationship. That's never happened!"

I was met with the reluctant clink of glasses and Robert's bemused smile. "...I'll give you that one. Although I have to say, I'm honored to be your stable boyfriend."

Oh geez, he was giving me his lovey-dovey eyes and the smile that made eyes crinkle in the corner. My heart fluttered, even though I tried my best to stay calm, cool, and not totally cringey.

"Eep," I squeaked, guzzling my water and fanning my face. "Don't say things like that! It's hard to remain badass when you make me blush."

"Badass?! You do not think that you're badass," he snorted, covering his mouth to hide his wide grin.

"Shut up," I pouted, swinging my feet a little. "I am totally freaking badass."

One raised eyebrow had me sitting up straight. "Boy. What did I tell you about telling me to shut up?"

"That it's disrespect disguised as a common phrase?" I peeped out, ducking my head to avoid his eyes. It wasn't that I tried to disrespect him, I just occasionally forgot that he reserved the right to spank me 'till I started screaming about succulents.

"Don't make me remind you again," he said, and ho boy was his stern voice his hottest voice ever. I probably had daddy issues, because when Robert looked at me like I was naughty and threatened me with punishments, nothing turned me on faster.

"I won't, Sir," I said, just as our server walked up. Because life liked to fuck me up the ass, just a little, at times.

The server actively tried to contain his disturbed and frightened expression. "Erm. Hi, my name is Daniel, and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with something to drink besides your waters?"

Robert delighted in ordering for both of us, just to freak him out more, and also so he could get away with subtly creep his foot up my leg.

The second the boy was gone I leaned in. "Are you tryna make me pop a boner in this restaurant right now?"

He shrugged, eyes twinkling. "There's a table cloth."

And just when I was about to suggest doing something a little bit more lewd under that table cloth, a real boner-killer walked in.

Adam freaking Lincoln and Jim freaking whatever his last name was.

I immediately turned my head in the opposite direction and stared at a wall. "Why do these things happen to me?" I whined. "What did the previous incarnation of myself do in their life that was so bad?"