Chapter Eight

Jerry's POV

"Why are you manhandling me?" I shrieked, thrashing my arm around. "This is cruel and unusual punishment, and it's against the Constitution of the United States of America!"

"Shut up," Aidan grumbled, tugging me along.

"I have a class to go to!" I cried.

"Don't care. I'm a professor. You think I don't realize how often kids skip class? Now quiet, people are giving us looks."

For whatever reason, I was being bullied. I hadn't heard anything from Finn since yesterday, but that was typical. He was in happy-love-land with his new boo.

What wasn't typical was my chemistry professor tugging me through a hallway to get to his office.

"My dude," I began, voice level and mature. "This is silly. I can walk on my own. Also, you're lucky I was in a class in this building, or else what was your plan? To drag me through the streets to get here?"

"Yup."

"Bruh!"

We finally got to his office, to the gratitude of my poor wrist, and Aidan opened the door to Finn and Robert. Robert was leaning up against the wall, looking all moody and sexy-like. Finn was sitting on the dog bed with Jack and Oliver, but somehow looking equally judgmental.

I pointed at Oliver. He was a chocolate lab mix who had ten brain cells maximum. "You brought both dogs today?"

"Technically I'm off the clock." Aidan directed me to the spinny chair. I sat. "This is an intervention."

I glared deep, deep, into the murky bottom of Robert's entire soul. "What did you say to them?"

He threw his hands in the air. "They didn't find out anything from me! ...Which I'm in trouble for, by the way. So be grateful."

Finn shushed Master Robert, and I was left struck dumb. I never thought I'd see the day when Finn treated him like a normal human and not a deity.

"We all agreed that I would do most of the talking," Finn said.

Finn stared deep, deep into the murky bottom of my soul.

I broke immediately.

"I'm sorry!" I cried, covering my face. "I don't know why I did it! I wish I could say it was coercion; it wasn't. I did it of my own free will and got nothing in return."

Finn shook his head. "Jerry. We've gathered here today because you spend way too much money on pansexual-themed t-shirts."

I blinked. "...Oh. That's what this is about?"

"No, dipshit, why in the hell did you have sex with Adam Lincoln?!" Finn exploded.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Oh God, I'm so sorry—"

"Okay, okay." Aidan ruffled Finn's hair. "I think he might've gone a little overboard with that one. Geez, this is an intervention, not an interrogation."

Finn glared at him. "I'm very distraught."

"Shit, I can tell."

Finn pointed at me and glared. "This is the first time that I know of that, in a year and three months of friendship, that you've hidden something from me!"

Oh.

Well now I felt worse.

Not only did I have sex with Aidan's ex-husband, I lied by omission to my best friend! ...And he didn't even know that I told literally everybody except him.