24

This wasn't the first time he was roofied.

- six years ago -

"Come on Yoongi bear, just take a sip." Chang-Hoon encouraged, smirking devilishly at the 19 year old male in front of him. But Yoongi didn't want to take a sip of that poison looking drink in Chang-Hoon's hand. He had already had enough, his head was spinning and the alcohol clouded his mind.

Jimin looked frightened beside him, glancing between Chang-Hoon and Yoongi every time one of them opened their mouths.

"N-No thanks Changie," The young boy tried declining for what felt like the 100th time that night. He didn't get why Chang-Hoon was so determined to get him to sip the drink, he had already poured enough alcohol on the poor male.

"Jimine, talk some sense into our dear Yoonie. Tell him to take a sip." The older male was now beginning to sound desperate, his tone more stern and commanding, glaring at Jimin with threatening eyes. Everyone knew that Chang-Hoon was in control, he practically held the two boys lives in his dirty hands.

But Jimin stayed silent, too scared to argue, but not wanting his best friend to consume whatever Chang-Hoon was offering. It seemed sketchy, like something was off.

"Yoongi, take a sip or I'll take your monthly payment and you'll have to sleep outside for three weeks, and you can take Jimin with you." He now commanded sternly, the evil smirk back on his disgusting face. Yoongi knew that if he didn't get his money or roof over his head, he would literally die. He couldn't afford getting Jimin into it either.

So he grabbed the cup from Chang-Hoon's hand, hearing a evil chuckle emit from the latter's mouth as he brought the drink to his lips.

It smelled like vodka mixed with something his clouded mind couldn't settle on.

He tipped the cup back slightly, the liquor burning his throat as he swallowed. Chang-Hoon tipped the cup so the rest of the drink spilled into his mouth and Yoongi's eyes shot open, clutching his throat at the burning sensation.

"Don't you dare spit it out boy." Chang-Hoon threatened, pointing a finger at his face as the young male fought for air. He quickly swallowed, tears brimming at his eyes at the burn and the lack of oxygen. He gasped for air, coughing like crazy while Chang-Hoon and another boy at the latters age just laughed at him, muttering insults while Jimin rubbed Yoongi's back, not knowing what else to do.

About twenty minutes later, Yoongi found his head getting dizzy, even more than before, and his vision blur. He stumbled on his words, not being able to think straight as a hammering headache now accompanied him.

And then he couldn't feel his legs, he started freaking out as white spots started covering his vision, the last thing he saw was Jimin's worried face trying to talk to him, but he was already too far gone. His body fell slump against the cold asphalt as darkness overtook him.

"What the hell did you give him?" Jimin was now furious, heat rising to his cheeks in anger as he glared at Chang-Hoon. It was in moments like these Jimin spoke up, moments where he was afraid for either himself or his friends.

"Chill Jiminie, he just fell asleep." Chang-Hoon dismissed with a wave of his hand, turning back to his conversation with the other male who Jimin hadn't seen before.

"No. Tell me, what did you put in that drink." Jimin asked again, looking over at his passed out friends figure laying on the ground. He didn't know what to do, his mind was racing.

"That's none of your goddamn business Jimin. Now go to bed." Chang-Hoon commanded with a stern look that usually made Jimin's toes curl in fear, but right now he was furious. He knew he put something in that drink, and he needed to find out what so he could help Yoongi in the best way possible when he woke up.

If he wakes up.

There had been a couple overdoses in the friend group that seemed more like a gang, and Jimin wondered worriedly if Yoongi would end up the same. It all depended on how strong he truly was and how much of whatever Chang-Hoon had given him.

Jimin glared at Chang-Hoon and the stranger before pulling Yoongi's body up and struggling to get him on his back. The two other males laughed at his attempt of carrying his best friend, but he didn't give up. Not even when angry tears started making their way down his cheeks.

And he eventually succeeded, stumbling away with a passed out Yoongi in his arms.

Yoongi woke up the next morning to Jimin's cries. He slowly got up from the floor where he had apparently been sleeping, confused as of why his head was hurting so bad and why his body felt so numb.

But he eventually made his way to the living room where he saw a crying Jimin lying on the floor and a angry Chang-Hoon above him with a folded belt in his hand.

Jimin was getting punished.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Yoongi yelled with a hoarse voice as Chang-Hoon raised the belt again, preparing for another attack on the crying boy.

Jimin was being punished because Yoongi didn't protect him. He had promised to protect him, and he had failed.

A feeling of pain and anger bloomed in his chest at the sight of Jimin crying on the floor and Chang-Hoon over him.

He swore on his life he would protect the male from now on, even if it cost him everything.

- present time -

"Hey, you okay?" Hoseok snapped him back to reality, the dark memory of his past vanishing like smoke in the air. The blonde male nodded quickly, not wanting the brunette in front of him to see the pain in his eyes.

But Hoseok saw it, he saw the pain as Yoongi had zoned out.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. My head just hurts, that's all." Yoongi tried smiling reassuringly, but Hoseok could see past the mask Yoongi put on. He knew Yoongi hid something, maybe a dark past, something that pained him, but Hoseok knew it wasn't his place to ask him.

But he wished to know one day, to maybe help the blonde male to let go of some of that pain he was clearly bottling up inside.

Hi. I felt super sad after writing this ):