(5) The Race

My alarm went off and I shot up out of bed. I could barely remember making it home last night since his session ran late. I looked at the time on my phone and immediately started searching for my remote.

It was literally a minute until 10 and Jon's court appearance was supposed to be showing on TV. I found the remote and quickly went to the news channel, just in time.

"I was just about to come wake you up." Tae gave me a small smile as he walked in and sat next to me on the bed.

I smiled back before turning my attention to the lady on the tv as she spoke. "Goodmorning! Today we have a live viewing of the case involving Jonathan Kirk, a famous rapper known as DaBaby."

She went on and on about details of the case before they finally cut to the courtroom.

"Breathe, Ari." Tae mumbled.

I probably was holding my breath, I wanted this to be over with before it even started. I didn't know what I would do if Jonathan actually gets time for this.

"Will the defendant please rise."

There was Jon on the tv with his hand placed on a bible, swearing under oath. I admired how well put together he looked even in the stressful situation he was in.

Jon's lawyer whispered something to him as the prosecutor stood up and approached the judge.

"Please bring your first witness to the stand." The judge spoke.

"Your honor, our witness could not make it but we have it on record the witness identified the defendant as hostile."

"So there is no witness?" The judge seemed annoyed but the prosecutor looked unbothered by this.

"There is but-"

"You may be seated." He interrupted as banged the gavel.

The way this judge's attitude was set up, I definitely didn't see anything good coming from this.

"Why his attitude so damn bad?" Tae asked with a stank look on his face.

I nodded in agreement before rolling my eyes. "He definitely got a stick up his ass or something."

As the camera panned over to Jon and his lawyer I noticed a familiar face sitting behind him. "I know you fucking lying!" I yelled jumping out the bed.

"What? What happened? Rewind it I missed it" Tae says reaching for the remote. I quickly ran up to the tv and started pointing at the girl sitting behind Jon.

"That's the bitch he cheated on me with"

"You fucking lying" Tae's jaw was damn near to the ground. "Ariana"

"I'm finna fucking kill this nigga." I was pissed. I couldn't sit still, I couldn't even focus on the case "He said he didn't want me to come cause he didn't wanna ruin my reputation this nigga just wanted to bring another bitch"

He better hope they lock his ass up because if he comes home he's gonna be six feet under.

•Jonathan•

My alarm went off at 7:30 am and I dreaded having to get up and get ready. "Fuck" I groaned sitting up and turning off the alarm on my phone.

I climbed out of the bed and went straight to the shower to wake myself up. I probably shouldn't have stayed at the studio that late.

I got dressed in this navy blue suit with a red tie. I knew my lawyer would hate for me to wear my chain, but I was going to stay true to me and hoped it worked in my favor.