(12) Confessions

"You going to tell him what happened or what?" Tae asked me as he plopped on the couch next to me.

"Huh?" I looked up from my phone, trying to play dumb.

"Ari, come on now. Hiding it is clearly eating you alive. Just tell him"

"So he can have a reason to start some shit, he's already been acting distant and I'm not going to push him anymore."

"Well you know niggas can't keep they mouth shut so either you gone be upfront with him or Jay gone run his mouth."

Tae popped a grape into his mouth before reaching for the remote, I moved it instantly.

"I'm watching this." I said with an attitude. I clearly wasn't but I just hated that he just had to be right.

"Whatever Ari, I bet you can't tell me what's happened so far." He rolled his eyes before slumping back in his seat.

"Childish." He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes before getting up and going up to my room, falling into my bed. I was already annoyed and he was just making shit worse. Without Jon here I was bored out of my mind.

Ding!

jayy2smooth: Trynna link?
jayy2smooth: Talk about the other night?

We definitely needed to clear the air, it's not like meeting him was cheating.

therealkylesister: Okay, meet me at Lola's
jayy2smooth: Bet, I fw that place. See you in 20.

I sat there in silence for what felt like 5 minutes before getting up, throwing on a pair of olive colored joggers and a white crop top.

"Where you going?" Tae asked as I walked through the living room.

I ignored him and grabbed my keys from by the door, leaving out. I let the door slam behind me and got into my car.

I connected my phone to the aux and started the drive to Lola's. The old school R&B blasting from my radio had me in my feelings for sure.

When I got inside I immediately noticed Jay at a booth in the corner of the restaurant. I walked over and sat across from him.

"Hey Ari, damn you look good in anything." He smiled.

I laughed awkwardly before responding. "Thanks."

"Nah, thank you for coming." He put his hands on the table, grabbing mine but I pulled away. "I wanted to apologize for showing up like that at your place. I put us both in a bad situation and I knew you weren't in a good head space."

I nodded as he talked. "Yeah, it's fine."

"I know you have feelings for me too and I–"

I quickly cut him off. "Hold the fuck up. I got feelings for who? You out of your mind or something. I don't roll like that, sir."

"I was playing, chill." He laughed before pulling out his phone. "Just wanted to mess with you, but don't have yo nigga calling my phone on that dumb shit next time."

"My nigga? You mean yo supposed best friend?" I rolled my eyes, this nigga was acting like a clown.

"Yeah, something like that." He seemed so into his phone so I started to get up.

"Where you going? Sit down and eat."

"I'm good, I'll grab food on my way home." I made my way to the exit and back to my car.