(10) Blurry Vision

•Ari•

2 weeks later

2 weeks later

"Nope you not doing this. Get up!" Tae busses through the door. "Get up now Ariana!" He snatches the covers off my body.

"Dionte leave me alone" I say annoyed trying to pull them back up but we just began playing tug of war.

"No get yo ass up. You not finna sit in this bed and mop around all day. Get up clean up some shit. Do something"

"Boy get out!" I yell back pulling the covers one good time.

Today was my brother Kyle's birthday. I dreaded this day every year. Just the reminder that he was no longer here always broke my heart. No matter how much I improve mentally over his death, this day brings me back to square one every year. Kyle died about four years ago and I haven't been the same since. He was more than just a big brother, he was my best friend and protector. I confided in him about so much. No matter what it is was he was always there for me. When those lame ass niggas took him from me I wanted to leave too. I felt like I had no. I felt alone. I found myself questioning everything. What did I do for God to take him from me? What was the point of living life "safely" when today could be my last? What was the point of life anyways? I loved him so much and without him nothing made sense.

Yeah I had Tae, yeah I had Jon, but they weren't my brother. No one could replace Kyle. I felt like a little girl who needed her big brother to protect them from the world.

"I'm getting up just get out" I tell Tae sitting up against the headboard. He jut glares at me before leaving out.

I sat there staring blankly at the ceiling. I just wanted to lay in bed and attempt to not cry. This was the first year I woke up and wasn't immediately comforted by Jonathan. I hated how much he wasn't here. I appreciated Tae not allowing me to just lay up. I knew I'd never get over it completely but I need to grieve in a healthier way.

I climbed out the bed and made it up. I went into my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I walked out the room and headed downstairs. Music was blasting through the speakers and Tae was wiping down the coffee table.

If we hop in the Benz is that okay? Is it okay if I call you my prada bae?

I walked into the kitchen and decided to clean out the pantry. There was so much food in here that neither Tae and I were going to eat. I grabbed the garbage can and just started cleaning off the shelves. I knew cleaning would take my mind off everything for a little bit.

Once I was done cleaning the pantry I just started wiping down everything in the kitchen with disinfectant spray. "Ari get the door I gotta shit!" I hear Tae yell followed by his heavy ass feet going up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the door. "Delivery for Ariana Fletcher" The guy says holding this giant of roses. The bouquet was so big it covered his entire face. I grabbed it from his hands "Thank you" I smile.