(14) Stretch You Out

•Ari•

"And this is your little baby right here" The OBGYN moves the probe around my stomach

"Oh my god Ari" Tae stares at the screen with a big smile on his face.

"Do you wanna hear the heartbeat?" She asks me and I nod my head yes. Seconds later the sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room. In that moment I felt like a mom. I finally felt pregnant. The heartbeat just made everything feel real. There's really a baby inside of me.

"How far along did the nurse say you were again?"

"8 weeks" Tae and I said in unison. I found his excitement so cute. When we were kids we always talked about how we were going to be rich and we were going to spoil each other's kids. Now it's actually happening.

I looked over at the screen again and I was just filled with so many emotions. I poked out my bottom lip as tears cascaded down my cheek.

"Awwn mommy's crying" The doctor says with a chuckle reaching over for a box of tissues.

"I don't even know why I'm crying. I've been crying a lot lately. I never cry" I say with a laugh wiping my eyes.

"Babies always make the toughest people, soft" She tells me applying some more of the cold jelly to my stomach.

"I know daddy's gonna want some pictures so I'm gonna take a few for you" She tells me and I nod my head. I still can't think of ways to surprise Jon with news. I wanted to put a pregnancy tests in a cute little box with the ultrasound photos as well.

After the appointment I went to pick up some new prenatal that my doctor recommended and bought a cute gift box. When we pulled up to the house there was a person standing on the porch.

"Is that Eric?" Tae asks squinting his eyes trying to get a better look at the guy.

"Eric as in 'I want you to meet my family' Eric?" I question putting the car in park.

"Girl yes." Tae hugs as we both get out of the car.

"Hey Eric" I smile unlocking the door for all three of us to go inside. They both headed upstairs and I plopped down on the couch. I took the pregnancy tests out my purse and sat them down on the coffee table.

I filled the gift box up with some tissue paper before putting the pictures in the box along with the pregnancy tests. I went over to the closet where we kept our coats and set it down on the floor.

The doorbell rang and I knew it was the delivery man with my FashionNova package. I walked over to the door and opened it. Jon was standing there with his arms in the air and a big smile on his face.

"I'm home!"