(43) Baby Girl

"Look at mommy's big girl" I smiled as I buttoned up her onesie, "You're so precious. My little cabbage patch kid" I said tickling her armpit. I grabbed my phone and snapped a few pictures of her.

"Alright it's time for bed" I pick her up and walked into her room. I turned off the bedroom light and sat down in the rocking chair to rock her to sleep.  She was falling asleep minutes later. I placed her down in her crib and walked out the room to go take a shower.

I walked into the bedroom and turned up the volume on the baby monitor. I grabbed it and took it into the bathroom so I could still hear her while I showered.  Once I was done I moisturized my skin and put on a oversized t shirt and climbed into bed. I opened instagram and pulled up the picture of Journee. I  decided one picture won't hurt.

 I  decided one picture won't hurt

therealkylesister: hello world😇

I tossed my phone to the side and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt around the bed for Jonathan, but he wasn't there. I sat up and grabbed my phone looking at the time

3:25 am

I rubbed my eyes and pulled back the covers climbing out of bed. I walked out the room and went into Journee's room to check on her. She was still sleeping comfortably so I left her alone. I headed downstairs to grab a bottle of water out the fridge.

That in the middle of the night water always hit different.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Core water before twisting off the lid and starting to chug it down. I could hear keys at the garage door and in walked Jonathan.

"Whatchu doing up?" He asked sitting a bag of McDonalds down on the table. I shrugged my shoulders and continued drinking my water. He yawns and sits down at the table to eat his food.

"I gotta play you this new song I just finished. I'm tired of niggas saying my shit sound the same. I was innat bitch singing" Jon chuckles stuffing his mouth with fries.

"Okay Drake" I tease with a slight laugh. I walked over to him and grabbed a few of his french fries.

"My dad pulled up to my mom house earlier"

"For real? What happened?"

"She treated his dumb ass of course. You already know my momma don't bite her tongue" I chuckled.

"Of course she did" He laughs "Where my baby at? She sleep?"

"Whatchu mean? I'm right here" I reply sitting down on his lap. "I missed you" I turn his face towards mine.