(32) Take A Bow

•Jonathan•

The officer handed my phone and wallet to me before I stuffed it into my pocket

The officer handed my phone and wallet to me before I stuffed it into my pocket. I put my Ferragamo belt through the loops on my jeans before walking out the door. Arnold was parked right out front waiting for me.

I opened the car door and sat down in the passenger seat. "You sure you wanna go home?" Arnold chuckles as he pulled off.

"Man" I sighed rubbing my hand down my face, "How mad is she?"

"I don't know she didn't answer my calls, but I'd take that as pretty pissed off" He replies to me. "You fucked up nigga. Seriously this time"

"I'm already knowing" I pulled my phone out my pocket connecting it to the charger trying to get some kind of battery life before we got on the plane.

I knew how much that baby shower meant to Ari. It was all she ever talked about. Shit it meant a lot to me too. It was the baby shower for my first kid. I was supposed to be there to celebrate with the woman I love but instead I spent the weekend locked up.

That nigga at the mall was coming at me sideways like I was a bitch or something though. I should've just walked away but I let my anger get the best of me.

As soon as my phone came on all the missed calls and texts started coming in. Not a single one from Ariana though. I opened up Instagram and went straight to her page to see some pictures. She looked so beautiful but I already knew she would. I went to theshaderoom and of course they reported my arrest and followed it up with posting Ariana at the baby shower. It was a video from Tae's page of Ariana walking in crying.

"She cried? Yeah naw I can't go home"

"Nah nigga you dug the grave, go lay in it. I've been tryna tell you stop feeding into the clownery. These niggas be trying you on purpose. Now look at you. Missed yo own damn baby shower"

"I don't need a lecture right now. I'm already knowing she finna be on my ass when I get home"

"Just chill out man for real. You too talented, you gon throw ya career away and you just getting started. You got a kid on the way nigga, you need this money now more than ever."

"I am. I'm done with this shit. We need to up security. Kane need more hours. Something need to change cause next time I'm shooting niggas"

"I'll get everything situated"

***

I recognized Tae's car parked in the driveway as I pulled up to the house. I pressed the button on the garage door opener and pulled into garage next to my beamer. I got out my car and walked up the stairs. As I hung my keys up on the rack I could hear laughter coming from the other side of the door. I took a deep breath trying to mentally prepare for all the hollering and screaming she was about to do.