(54) Closed Chapter

I heard the doorbell ringing downstairs and I sat up

I heard the doorbell ringing downstairs and I sat up. I looked around the bedroom confused rubbing my eyes. Jonathan wasn't laying beside me in the bed and the room was completely lit up by the sun. I pulled back the covers and jumped out of bed.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" I kept saying to myself as I ran downstairs. I opened the door and it was just the mailman.

I let out a sigh of relief,  "Good morning" I stepped to the side so he could take all the packages off the dolly and leave it by the front door. It was packages from a few brands that's paying me to do a promo.

"Good morning" He smiles as he stepped inside, "Have a nice day" He said as he walked out the house.

"You too" I replied. Just as I was about to close the door Jonathan's car pulls into the driveway.  I leaned against the door frame and waited for him to get out the car.

He gets out the car with a few plastic bags in his hand and walks over to the front door. "Good morning" He says as he walks up the steps. 

"Good morning" I reply with a confused look upon my face. He pecks my cheek and walks into the house. I walked inside, closing the door behind me before following him into the kitchen.

"Here. Catch" He said before tossing a Walgreens bag to me. I caught it and reached inside the bag and pulled out a PlanB box.

"Thanks" I said in a sleepy voice. I rubbed my eyes as I walked over to the refrigerator for a bottle of water to swallow down this pill with.

"You just woke up?" I heard him ask.

"Yeah, where you been at?" I questioned before popping the pill in my mouth.

"I stayed at Stunna's cause I ain't want nobody to see my car onna street. Police was deep as hell last night. I couldn't text you and let you know what was up just incase they book me and try to pull phone records."

"What happened?" I tossed the PlanB box into the trash.

"Nothing" He answers pulling out styrofoam containers from the bags.

As soon as he opened them my mouth began to water. There was pancakes, two omelettes and strips of bacon.

"Grab us some forks and some syrup out the cabinet"

"Check the app and see if Journee is still sleep" I said turning to grab everything for us to start eating. "She is. I checked before I sat down"

I sat down beside him and he slide a container of food over to me along with a little bottle of apple juice. "Thank you" I said before digging in.

"Mmmh" I moaned as I stuffed my mouth with some of the pancakes, "This is good as hell."

"You're welcome" He laughs and begins to eat his food.