Discovered

You walked up the stairs of your apartment complex, flipping through the mail that you grabbed on the way up. You scanned each envelope quickly, flipping past bills and adult things your parents received. You never normally received mail, but always felt the need to scan through it, just in case.

"Hey, honey. How was school?" You heard her mother ask, as you opened the door into your apartment.

"Good." You responded, setting the mail on the kitchen table.

This whole process was only a small portion of your school week routine.

Wake up, go to school, come home, do homework and repeat.

Of course you had the time-filler hobbies, like reading or watching movies and on occasion, you would go out with friends and family.

But other than that, nothing too out of the ordinary.

That is of course, aside from the freak science experiment that you were involved in a year ago and that caused you to attain supernatural abilities.

Well, you were more or less involved. It was more like, you went on a school field trip to a laboratory.

And rather than keeping your distance, like the rest of the students, you really felt the need to be a smart ass and get a little too close for comfort.

Thus, exposing you to the aftershocks of the explosion. Which then led you to waking up the next morning discovering something wrong with molecular structure.

The next year following that incident, You have been living with these after effects and learning how to maintain them.

Aside from the circumstances, you lived a very normal life.

"Y/N, you've got some mail today."

You returned back from your daydreaming and looked over to your mother, who was standing by your door, with a blank manila envelope, labelled with your name, in her hand.

You curiously took it from your mom.

"Weird, I never get mail." You chuckled to yourself, rethinking how pathetic it must've sounded, never having received mail.

You thanked your Mom and was left alone in your room once again.

Not thinking much of it, you opened up the envelope.

You observed the first document and read aloud the subject line,

"Stark Industries Internship Opportunity..."