The Aftermath

Emptiness.

That's all you felt.

As if what had happened with Peter wasn't already enough.

And now, this.

You were crawled into a fetal position in your bed, surrounded by Kleenex tissues.

You didn't know what to do.

You just wanted to cry, but no tears were left.

It was about eleven in the morning. Everyone you knew had come to comfort you already. Your parents, your sister and a few friends.

But, no one was able to help right at that moment.

You scrolled through your phone, tormenting yourself by looking at all of the photos you both had together.

You began to swipe more towards the recent months, realising the two of you became more, with just screenshots of you and him on FaceTime together.

You wiped your eyes with your sleeve, swiping once more on your phone, revealing a picture of you and Peter together.

You felt your heart stop again, as you paused on the photo.

You observed the photo of the two of you, remembering exactly what happened in that moment.

It was a picture of you and Peter, working on your Chemistry lab project, together.

You both had taken a picture together, all covered in scrap paper and glued.

You sniffled, smiling a bit, remembering the moment,

"Pete."

"Yeah?" Peter responded, not looking up from the project.

"I'm-"

"Bored? Yes, I know." he cut you off again, attaching a piece of paper to the poster board.

You frowned, "Okay, Mr. Know-It-All, entertain me." you said throwing a piece of scrap paper at him.

Peter laughed, "Did you really just throw that at me?"

You didn't say anything, just stared at Peter with a straight face.

You slowly reached for another scrap of paper, crumpled it and threw it directly at the middle of his face this time.

As the paper hit his face and dropped, his jaw dropped and you muffled a laughed.

"Oh? Is that how you wanna be?" he questioned, grabbing another piece of paper and doing the same thing as you.

The two of you proceeded to laugh and throw paper balls at each other around the room, the little fight was a bit more fun too, given that the both of you had enhanced agility and combat skills. But the both you were too busy to notice.

Peter had grabbed a small paper-waste fan that was at the side of the table, and dumped some of the paper shreds that were in there, on you.

You squealed, jaw dropping and gasping, leaving Peter to stifle a laugh.

"You're DEAD, Parker!" you exclaimed, gripping for the basket from his hands, dumping it in his direction as well.

A ton of shredded up paper had fallen from the ceiling, like snow.

The two of you were now covered in paper, you wiped away a tear from laughing so much.

You looked around, observing the mess you both made.