The Truth

It was Friday morning.

Peter just woke up with a pang of embarrassment on his chest, remembering what he did yesterday.

He rubbed his eyes, groaning, as Peter snuggled back into bed and threw the blanket over himself.

Why did I do that? Now the whole school knows I have a thing for her and they think I'm some girlfriend stealing asshole and now Y/N's probably going to find out somehow.

Peter grabbed his phone and shut off his alarm.

Then to his surprise, he woke up to a spam of texts from Ned, linked to an Instagram page.

"Dude, you have to look at this..."

Peter clicked on the link and it opened up to a post of a video of Flash. He then swiped to the next picture and it was of you and him holding hands?

Peter's heart dropped and his body shot right up.

He clicked on the video, "Hey, guys. It's your favorite guy, Flash. I'm back here with the latest tea of Midtown High."

"No, no, no, no!" Peter murmured, grabbing and pulling at his hair in panic.

"None other than Penis Parker, is out here trying to steal other people's girlfriends."

"AHH!" Peter yelled in horror as he face planted into his pillow.

"Exhibit A is with Y/N Y/L/N, who Parker claims already had a boyfriend, but in his next photo, the two of them are holding hands."

Peter continued to have a fit in his bed as the video continued.

The rest of the video explained how the fight had happened.

Peter was overtaken by really not wanting to go to school.

"Oh, my God... Y/N!" Peter exclaimed.

He switched to messages and immediately began to text you.

"Y/N, whatever you heard about what happened yesterday, I can explain, just meet me at the usual spot like we usually do and I'll explain everything!"

Peter hopped out of bed and sprang out to get ready and meet you.

Meanwhile, you were going about your morning calmly, able to tell Peter you knew his secret.

Well, not exactly.

Usually, your hero identity you would, but not as yourself.

You imagined that your friendship would be just as great, even if you were in costume. So, you didn't worry a whole lot.

You felt your phone vibrate and you pulled it out, realising it was a text from Peter.

You read the message, a dumbfounded look sprawling across your face.

What the hell?

You felt a small surge of anxiety reading those words.

You put your phone away instantly and headed out of your apartment to meet Peter.

A thousand thoughts ran through your head, all one hundred trillion possibilities.

You speed walked down the stairs and out the door.

Really, you were afraid it had something to do with Tony Stark and the whole mission thing.

You didn't know what to feel.

By the way it sounded, it seemed Peter had done something. So, you should be mad?

You tried to stop thinking too much about it, until you got there.

Obviously, it wasn't the easiest thing to do, but your panic was slowly eased when you saw Peter twiddling his thumbs at the lamppost.

"Hey." you greeted him, taking a breath of air, tired from walking so fast.

"I just got your text, what's up? It's everything okay?" you asked, trying to seem more concerned.

"Um..." Peter began, which only worried you more.

"Okay, so, that fight that happened yesterday..." Peter continued, trying to get it all out at once.

"Yeah?" you motioned to continue and crossed your arms.

"That-that was me. Flash was talking about you disrespectfully and I just felt like I needed to shut him up because he wouldn't stop and now the whole school has pictures of you and me holding hands whenever I dragged you out of the cafeteria yesterday and everyone now thinks that I'm trying to steal you away from your boyfriend..." Peter and all in one quick breath, shutting his eyes at the last part.

He peeked one eye open to see what your reaction was and to his surprise, you weren't upset.

You seemed confused and took a minute to process and understand it, but you didn't seem to be engulfed with rage like Peter expected you to be.

You only laughed, "Peter, I don't care." you remarked, uncrossing your arms, planting your hands onto your hips.

Peter opened both eyes, "Y-you don't?" he asked nervously, extremely confused.

"No. Pete, those are just rumors, they aren't true. You, me and my boyfriend know the truth and I'm honestly flattered that you defended my honor. It's not like Alex is gonna see this, since he doesn't really follow anyone at Midtown, so he'll obviously believe my word over theirs." you reassured, rubbing his back comfortingly.

Peter released the tension and felt weight lifted from his chest.

"Phew... I thought I was going to die today..." he joked, bending over and resting a hand on his knee.

"Yeah, I know, I know." you said, continuing to comfort him.

"We might get shit at school, but it doesn't matter. You and I both know the truth about how we feel. That's all that matters." you soothed.

Peter's heart dropped, remembering the conversation he had with Ned.

"Yeah... the truth..."