Facing the Facts

The night ended with you and Peter just talking a bit more, before parting ways again.

Your night ended with more confusion and guilt.

You FaceTimed Alex, who didn't seem to pick up on your odd behavior. Alex was also in one of his moods, so the hour sort of defeated the purpose.

The next morning, you woke up, a pang or guilt slapping you in the face.

You felt horrible about the way you used Peter to complete your mission.

But, that was the thing, Peter was your mission.

Confirming Peter's identity as Spider-Man and trying to persuade him to accept Tony Stark's offer was your mission.

The part that scared you the most was that, Peter was eventually going to find out.

You pinched the bridge of your nose and scrunched up your face, overwhelmed by all of this emotion.

Maybe there would be a way that you could stop Peter from finding out that it was you?

No, that's impossible. Tony already said that he was planning on having the two of you team up for the next mission.

Unless...

You bolted up from your bed, feeling a genius plan hit you.

This is a risky way, but it might just work.

Whilst you were spending your morning formulating an idea that might save you and Peter's friendship, Peter was going on about his normal routine of getting ready for school.

His mind was, of course, conflicted by the events of last night.

That is, Peter's second encounter with you as Spider-Man.

He had unconsciously been replaying moments from it, over and over again in his head.

Peter was confused.

About the Stark Internship and where he stands with it, but one other thing along with it,

You.

Peter's thoughts about you had fluctuated greatly within the last week and half and he didn't understand why.

It was given that Peter didn't feel this conflicted, when you still acted like your shy, antisocial and closed-in self, around him when you both first met.

But progressively, you started to really show your true colors.

You became more and more comfortable around Peter, more confident even.

You and Peter have had their fair share of deep conversations and overall, just just felt like he could really trust you.

Granted, every time Peter would face a scenario where you would get a bit touchy, or sat closer to him than normal, Peter would redden up like a strawberry. But, even so, it didn't stop him from feeling you were one of Peter's closest friends.

You were the one person Peter felt like he could share his secret with.

With, or without the suit, everything just felt so natural with you.

Peter furrowed his eyebrows are his own thoughts.

She has a boyfriend. Peter, she has a boyfriend. A guy she's spent almost a year of her life with. You can't just swoop in and ruin that! You know how much she loves and cares about him.

Peter thought about the several times you would rant to him about how frustrated you were, with all the effort that you put in with Alex, after the move and how it felt as though you didn't receive the same amount back.

You deserved a lot better.

Peter shook his head slightly, trying to shake off the feelings he had.

Peter's eyes then widened, with a moment of self-realisation.

Did Peter like you?

No, of course he didn't. You're just a really good friend. Besides, he likes Liz.

Peter tried his best to convince himself that he didn't have any conflicting feelings towards you.

But, Peter knew he was just shoving these curiosities away.

Because in the end, it didn't really matter. You were with someone else.

Peter's thoughts were interrupted by Aunt May calling him down, reminding him that he was going to be late for school.