Confession [Part One]

Peter manoeuvred through the large crowd of the hallways.

It was finally the end of the day.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, gripping it nervously.

Peter clicked on your contact name.

His thumbs began to type, trembling.

"Where do you wanna meet up?"

Peter hit send, shoving his phone in his pocket immediately, as if not wanting to see your response.

He rushed past the millions of kids, finally making it outside, to the spot where you and him normally meet up.

To Peter's surprise, he found a glum looking Y/N already sitting there, waiting for him.

Peter gripped his backpack straps and made his way down to you.

"H-hey..." he stuttered, dreading the awkwardness. Peter's heart began to race faster and faster.

Why does she look so sad? What if she's not going to confess her feelings for me? What if this is a mistake?

Peter shook his head, there was no going back now.

"Hey..." you responded depressingly.

You began to sit up, retrieve your backpack from the ground and place it on your back.

"You ready to go?" you began, cueing Peter to join you to walk.

Peter nodded and began walking beside her.

The two of you made your way down to your usual, routine path.

But, the difference was, not a single word was spoken between the two of you.

Peter began to get really nervous; he felt his palms sweat vigorously.

"Uh... ahem... do you want to talk somewhere? Or come over to my place?" Peter started, stammering over almost every syllable.

"Let's go to the top of my apartment complex... i-it's probably more private." you responded, not even making eye contact with him.

Peter nodded, still not being able to read your expression.

The two of you continued to walk in complete silence, until you both finally made it to your apartment.

You and Peter dropped your bags off in your bedroom and proceeded to the roof of the apartment.

With every step of silence you both took, Peter had decided to continue to mentally build up the courage to tell you how he felt.

Regardless of your reaction, regardless of how it might affect their friendship, Peter had to get it off his chest.

After what felt like hours of walking, you and Peter sat down on the rooftop, both facing the city view.

Whenever you and Peter would hang out at each other's places, you'd both order some takeout.

But, neither of you bothered to suggest it, given that the both of you were probably too nervous to hold anything down in your stomachs.

Neither of you had taken a seat either, you paced a few steps around, while Peter fidgeted with his hands. Proceeding to look at you, then the ground, at you, then the ground again.

"Um," Peter finally had the courage to begin, "I guess, uh..."

You looked at Peter, trying not to hold any expression on your face.

"I guess I should start, since, uh... I'm the one who asked to talk, first." Peter continued.

You just nodded, proceeding to face him properly.

You were at loss, right now. You felt like you were about to lose your best friend. You felt like you could just break down and burst into tears, but you didn't.

Peter cleared his throat once again.

"Becoming friends with you was-" he paused. Peter directed his focus onto you, actually looking at you in the eyes.

"-probably one of the best things that has every happened to me, Y/N."

You were somewhat dumbfounded, you didn't expect that intro at all.

A spark of hope had lit up in you, thinking that maybe Peter was happy to find our that you were Blue Glass.

"Even though we've only known each other these past few months, I feel like we've known each other an entire lifetime." Peter continued, cracking a small smile.

You couldn't help but smile a bit, but it was quickly drawn away.

Peter's smile faded away too, followed up by an intensely, serious gaze.

"Y/N... I would never, ever want to do anything to ruin our friendship." Peter began, still holding down a serious tone.

"I'd never want to do anything that would potentially risk losing you, or what we have."

You begin to grow confused. What was he talking about?

You began to second guess her assumption to him knowing, but let him continue anyways.

Peter looked away from you, staring at his sneakers, laces that were becoming undone.

"And... I-I..." Peter stopped, knowing this next statement would really make you understand where he was going with this.

He sighed, "I know... that you have... a boyfriend already..."

Your heart stopped.

WAIT. WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE. THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME BEING BLUE GLASS-

Peter didn't continue and just stared at his laces for a while.

"Peter?" you finally piped up, cueing him to continue.

Peter just stared at his laces.

After about five seconds of hearing you say his name, Peter's head shot up, looking you straight in the eye.

"Y/N, I'm in love with you."

Your heart dropped down into your stomach.