Clear the Air

You and Peter had parted ways at the lamppost that marked where you both left for the direction of your apartments.

Peter felt like a weight was temporarily lifted off of his shoulders.

But, guilt overcame him for lying to you.

Peter wasn't exactly lying, he did tell the truth about being offered the internship from Tony Stark.

And he wasn't lying about the way he felt about it.

Or was he?

Peter was still extremely unsure about whether taking on the internship was even a safe option.

Peter knew deep down, that he had to stick to his gut and not pursue it. Even though it seemed like the coolest thing ever.

He didn't want to focus too much on how Tony Stark had found out his secret. Peter just needed to be more careful about keeping his secret identity, a secret.

As Peter was walking home, drowned in his thoughts, a small bit of temptation overcame him.

He began to imagine what it would be like to work besides Tony Stark, as in, of Stark Industries, as in, Iron Man.

How awesome would that be?

But, Peter quickly stored those feelings away and focused on the safer option.

He made his way back him to Aunt May's and decided to go on patrol for the night, to clear his thoughts.

Meanwhile, you had rushed home, to jump onto your phone and dial Tony Stark up.

"Kid? This better be important." you heard Happy say as he picked up.

"Where's Mr. Stark?" you asked frantically.

"Look, if this is about the 'partnership' thing that he led you on with, he doesn't want to hear it-"

"Happy! What did stark say to Peter this morning?!" you exclaimed, cutting him off, clearly displaying a fit of panic to Happy.

"Y/N, calm down, this morning, I approached him over the phone offering him an internship opportunity and told him that we've seen his work and wanted to consider him. But he immediately rejected it." Happy responded, in a calmer tone, trying to soothe your panic.

You were filled with relief.

You were subconsciously afraid that Peter had lied to you and already knew your secret and association to Stark Industries.

You didn't really understand why, but you were really worried that Peter would hate you, after you found out that you basically lied to him for the entirety of their friendship.

"So, he doesn't know that him and I are going to be partners and he doesn't know about my identity and association to Stark?" you asked, re-clarifying and reassuring yourself.

"Yes, don't worry, kid. We would have let you know before then. Besides, Tony wasn't planning on even mentioning the two of you being partners for the confrontation, until after we had Parker fully onboard." Happy said, still trying to calm you down.

"Aha! So there's a confrontation!" you exclaimed, realising Happy had given away a bit of the secret.

"No!- I-, damn it, kid. That wasn't the point. Look, from now on, we'll let you know ahead of time of what our plans are. So, as of right now, Tony is planning on going over there himself and just straight up talking to the kid about it. Try to convince him, himself." Happy explained.

"Alright. Thanks, Happy." you finished, finally calming down.

"Okay, kid. Talk to you soon." Happy waved off, ending the call.