Vacation From Vacation

The phone began to ring,

Unknown.

The call eventually answered by the voice of Happy.

"Kid, we're calling you back in." Happy began.

"Pack your things, we're going to need you for at least a week. Bring your suit. Mr. Stark will be sending you a jet tonight. We'll provide you more details on the way there."

"Okay, thanks, Happy." you and Peter both answered.

You placed down your cellphone on your bed, pinching the bridge of your nose, face scrunched up.

It was Saturday afternoon and you were still at home, in Long Island.

It seems as though your visit was going to be have to be cut short.

You sighed, plopping yourself on the bed, reaching for the pillow beside you, placing it on your face and screaming into it.

Peter, in the other hand, had just gotten home from an errand he needed to run for Aunt May.

He grabbed a bag out of his closet, plain-faced.

Normally, he'd be more thrilled to have received a call for another mission, given the fact that since the day he got home, Peter's done nothing but spam Happy with texts.

But Peter's mind was on other things right now.

"What's wrong?" you read Peter's text.

You stared at the screen for a second, surprised that Peter even answered. You didn't really have a plan as to how to go with this.

"It's been awful here, back home." you responded, trying to gauge where Peter was in the situation.

"Why?" Peter replied, you could tell that he was putting minimal effort into the conversation. You were used to that, whenever Alex would be in a bad mood.

You closed your eyes, ready to just rip the bandaid off and see where the situation stands.

"Alex and I broke up." you typed out.

Peter started at the screen, eyes wide and a million thoughts running through his head.

"Why?" he asked again.

"He needed time alone to 'find himself'."

Peter became consume with concern for you, he knew how you must be handling it and now you must be hurting right now. Peter wanted nothing but to be there and comfort you. But, the other part of him was to consume by betrayal.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Peter simply responded.

You stared at the screen in frustration. Whenever these things would happen, Peter would send long paragraphs that would comfort you, but this time, that's all you could get.

You didn't really expect much, seeing as to what had just happened. Hell, you were even grateful enough that you got his sympathy.

"It's fine." you responded, closing out your phone.

You sighed, cringing at the 'conversation' you and Peter had last night.

You went out of your room, to explain to your parents that your trip would have to end early.

Although disappointed, your parents understood.

Peter then told Aunt May, that the Academic Decathlon Team needed Peter as a last minute replacement for a competition.