Unexpected Partnership

Throughout the rest of the battle, you tried your best to stick by Peter's side.

You both worked well enough together, but, granted, you'd both would have been a lot better if Peter tried to cooperate a little more.

You typically came up with good battle strategies, but, you could sense the tension in Parker, so you let him take a bit of a lead.

You both finally finished off after taking down an oversized Ant-Man.

And, when the rubble finally settled and of course Tony yelling at Peter that he was done, he sent both of you in a plane ride home.

You and Peter were back at Stark Tower, a few hours after the battle happened.

The plane ride was quiet and quite freaky, kind of awkward.

The two of you were greeted by Happy at the entrance of the building.

You both made your way into the tower, where they had a few hours to rest, recover and get any medical treatment the two of you might have needed.

Both you and Peter were sitting in a living room type area, across from each other.

You twiddled your thumbs, trying to avoid eye contact, feeling Parker stare you down.

Your social confidence went down completely, feeling Peter's intimation towards you.

"Hey, you two!" Happy exclaimed, entering into the scene.

You felt some relief and turned towards him, "Hey, Happy." you greeted.

Happy sat in a chair, facing the both of you.

"So, how did things go?" Happy asked, seeming as if the two of you already knew what he was talking about.

"I mean in regards to Tony partnering you two up and such." he clarified.

You didn't want to say anything, but Peter was not hesitant at all.

"Um, I actually didn't know that I was going to be partnered up with- uh," Peter stammered, still is wearing his mask for some reason.

"Blue Glass!" you finished quickly, before Happy got the chance to introduce you as Y/N.

Happy cocked an eyebrow at you and you shook your head subtly.

"Um, yeah... Mr. Stark never mentioned that anyone else was part of the internship." Peter finished.

Happy finally got the idea, "I see, well, Ms. Glass here, was actually Tony's original intern and has been for some time now." he explained, not trying to give too much away.

Happy got up from his seat and began to walk around a bit.

"She's been under our training for a while and for any potential future assignments, Mr. Parker, you will be accompanied by Ms. Glass here, to show you the ropes awhile. Before you can do assignments alone." Happy concluded.

Several emotions went through Peter at once. He was stoked, hearing that there might be more assignments, but also felt somewhat restricted, to have to be babysat by whoever this person was.

"With all due respect, Mr. Hogan," Peter began, "I think I'm more than capable in learning things without supervision."

Wtf, Parker?! What's your deal? What are you so chill and friendly with everyone else, except me?

"Oh, really?" Happy scoffed.

"Yes, sir." Peter stated firmly.

"Alright, if you can beat Blue here in a fight, then I'll take you up on your word and sent it to Tony." Happy responded, clapping his hands together.

Um, what?!

Peter looked at you, still expressionless with his mask on.

"Alright," Peter responded blatantly.

"Um, excuse me-" you cut in.

"Do I get a say in this?" you questioned, while laughing.

Happy perked up a bit, intrigued.

"I mean, if you're afraid to lose, then, by all means, save us the energy and say so now." Peter sarcastically remarked.

You were getting fed up with Parker's attitude and unexplained intimidation towards you.

"Fine. Let's go." you responded coldly.