Trust

You and Peter walked down the halls of Midtown High.

You both went your usual route on your way from your last class together.

Peter could technically take the buss home from school, but on your first few weeks, you got lost a good amount of the time, so Peter decided to walk with you until you got used to the route.

After figuring out where your apartment complex was, you both found out that you lived not too far from one another.

But you lived on the other side of the school district, so the bus didn't pass by your neighborhood.

So it just became a routine for you and Peter to walk together, until you both parted ways to your apartments.

You both walked along the sidewalk, just exiting the school.

You were cracking jokes about some naive roasts that Ned had let slip, but Peter seemed to be more or less distracted and less amused than usual.

You picked up on his mood, Peter was like this all day.

It was starting to worry you.

You didn't think that what had happened last night and all of the gossip today, would really affect Peter that bad.

So, you decided to say something.

"Peter?" you called for him, as you stopped walking.

"Y-yeah. Yeah?" Peter stuttered, finally seeming to pay attention, he actually looked at you.

"What's wrong?" you asked, with a concerned tone in your voice.

"What! Haha, what? Um, what made you think anything was, um, wrong? I'm fine!" Peter responded, unconvincingly, folding his arms, trying to seem casual, but failing miserably.

You sighed, "Peter Parker, you are many things. But a good liar is not one of them." you admitted, taking Peter by the arm and pulling him to a bench side, along the sidewalk.

"What? Y/N, I'm- I'm fine." Peter reassured, changing the tone of his voice to be lower, with that last I'm fine to seem more convincing.

You gave Peter the, really? look and turned to face him.

"Peter, not once did you answer a single question in Chemistry today. Whenever me or Ned make jokes, you barely laughed and didn't make a remark back. Whenever Ned brought up his new Star Wars LEGO play set, you didn't completely geek out, like you always do and not once did you take a look at Liz, today!" you said, counting off the things with your fingers.

"I think there's something you have on your chest." you continued, looking at Peter once again.

Peter sighed and for one, he felt completely called out on all the things she observed and two, Peter was shocked with how overly observant she was of him and how much she cared.

Peter said nothing, staring off into space, lost in his own thoughts.

You frowned and got on your knees to kneel in front of Peter, forcing him to look at you.

Peter's eyes widened at your gesture and he sat up a little, so that both of your faces weren't at risk of being too close together.

"Peter Parker," you began again, staring Peter dead in the eye, "You know that you can tell me anything, right?" you continued, changing to an extremely soft and concerned voice.

"Look... I know we've only been friends for, what, a month? But, that doesn't matter to me. You've been the nicest person to me here, taking of me and making sure I'm have a comfortable adjustment and I never really got the chance to tell you, but it means a lot to me, Peter and I just want you to know that, I'm here for you. If you ever want someone to talk to, or ever need anything, I'm here."