Recieving End

Peter sat upon the rooftop of a building in Queens, cloaked in his cape of wonder, the Spider-Man suit.

His feet hung over the edge of the building as he stared out into the city of Queens.

A frown and cocked eyebrow planted upon Peter's face, he sighed.

"Peter? Are you alright?" the voiced lady in his suit inquired.

"Oh... hey, suit lady. Yeah, I'm fine." Peter replied.

"Are you sure? Your heart rate has increased and your emotional levels seem to be fluctuating?"

"You can read that?" Peter questioned, getting up.

"I can read a lot of things, Peter. What seems to be troubling you?" she asked again.

Peter let out another sigh, pacing around the building.

"I just, I-" he began, not knowing where to start.

"I don't know how to feel about Y/N, right now." Peter continued, his passion for the subject becoming very evident.

"What about her?" the voice asked again.

"She-" Peter sighed for what seemed like the millionth time.

"You lied to me, suit lady." Peter's voice cracked.

"She you see me just to finish her mission and impress Tony Stark!"

"I see. Why does that matter so much to you, if she as simply trying to do her job?"

Peter cocked an eyebrow at that response.

"B-because! I-... ugh..."

Peter planted himself down on the edge again, trying to calm himself.

"I'm in love with her, suit lady and I've never felt this way about anyone, ever. Not even Liz."

"Who's Liz?" the voice asked.

"It doesn't matter. The point is, this whole time, our entire friendship has been nothing but a lie. All those times where I thought she might have felt the same way, it could have been all just an act to get me where she needed to be." Peter's eyebrows furrowed again, pain clearly displayed in his tone.

"Why not try going after whoever Liz is, then?" the voiced suggested innocently.

Peter's heart stung at that comment.

"What?! Because, Liz isn't like Y/N! I've never met anyone like Y/N, before. She's kind and caring and half of the time we always find something to laugh about. She always know how to point out the best of a situation, when things are difficult-" Peter stopped, not noticing the small smile forming on his face.

"But, most of all, she'll do anything for the ones she cares about. She'll put their needs first, even if it takes a toll on her. Because that's how much she cares." Peter finished, gripping his chest.

It was silent for a moment.

"Your heart rate is increasing." the voice began again.

Peter didn't say anything. His heart ached for his friend, but he still couldn't shake off how hurt and betrayed he was.

"It seems as though Y/N isn't a bad person and didn't mean to deceive you and purposely to hurt you. It seems as though she was only doing what she was told." the suit lady stated.

"I-I..." Peter lowered his head, shutting his eyes.

"I know... it just hurts."

"Being deceived can be hurtful. But, if you choose to forgive her, time will heal that hurt." she reasoned.

"If I choose to..." Peter repeated to himself...

Peter realised that he hadn't decided on what to do about the situation. Peter had spent these past few days sulking, rather than really deciding on how to hand the situation, or if he even should handle it.

"You have a message from Y/N." the voice interrupted Peter's thinking.

"What?! Uh-ahem... what does it say?" Peter stammered, as the message appeared in front of him within the suit.

"Peter, I need you."

A million thoughts ran through Peter's head, wondering what the message could mean.

What if she was in trouble? Or hurt? Or something happened to her?

"There's only one way to find out what it is she needs." the voice rang.

Peter sighed, typing into the message thread.

"What's wrong?"