Daydreams and Decisions

Peter waited on the sandwiches, while you were ripping your brains out in the bathroom.

Peter had felt a huge rush this entire weekend. It was overall quite the adventure and Mr. Stark had let him keep the suit, so, there's that.

Despite the mixed emotions towards his 'partner', this weekend was probably one of the most awesome experiences Peter had.

"Order in!" Mr. Delmar called, queuing Peter to come to the counter to pick up the sandwiches.

"Two cookies, for you and your girlfriend. On me." Mr. Delmar smiled, giving Peter a friendly pat on the shoulder.

Peter's face warmed up, "Oh-uh-ahem, sh-she's not my- we're not-" Peter began to stutter, before you walked out of the bathroom and met him at the counter.

"We all set?" you asked perkily, seeming to have cooled down.

Peter, still having a slight brush of pink over his face, nodded, "Y-yeah, yeah." he stammered, grabbing the bag of sandwiches and cookies.

You both thanked Mr. Delmar and walked out of the store, heading for a nearby park.

You planted yourself onto the bench, patting the spot next to you, urging Peter to sit down.

Peter did as told and handed you the sandwich and cookie.

"So, what now?" you asked him.

"With what?" Peter asked back, with his mouth full from his sandwich.

"The Stark Internship?" you asked again, taking a bite of your cookie.

Peter though for a second, trying to formulate what to say.

"Well, Mr. Stark said that he'll call me the next time he needs me." he answered honestly.

You nodded, not really knowing what else to ask, without just straight up trying to convince him to give you a chance.

So, Peter began to continue to ask you about how your weekend back home was.

You had made up the lie that you went to go visit back home for the weekend and we all know that, in reality, you were fighting right beside Peter in Berlin.

However, you were actually going home this coming weekend, thanks to Tony Stark.

"How's Alex?" Peter asked, but then realising what he had asked and instantly regretting it.

You smiled, "He's good. Thankfully, he wasn't in one of his moods while I was visiting."

Alex unfortunately didn't have the best communication skills, so during several periods through him and your relationship, if something was wrong with him personally, he wouldn't community it with you, act super mood, and basically take it out on you.

Peter nodded, "Thats good..." he looked away, in any direction besides hers.

Peter felt a small part of his heart ache a bit, seeing you light up at the mention of his name.

It only really confirmed the reality of Peter's unfortunate situation even more.

Peter went into a daydream, imagining what it would be like if you and Alex weren't dating.

He would actually have a shot with you. In that perfect situation, he would somehow find the courage to ask you out.

And in that perfect situation, you would say yes.

He would eventually reveal to you that he was Spider-Man.

And after nights on patrol, Peter would swing by her apartment, crawl into her window, to surprise you.

Depending on how patrol would go, you would naturally tix Peter up with any wounds he acquired and then the two of you would spend the rest of the night talking about each other's days, you in Peter's arms, with you nuzzled you against his chest, until you both fell asleep.

"Peter!" Peter heard you exclaim.

Peter shook his head a bit and snapped back into focus, "Huh?"

"I said, are you going to eat your cookie?" you repeated.

Peter looked down to the cookie in his lap and looked over at yours, seeing that you already ate it.

"N-no, you can have it." Peter faked laughed nervously, handing you the cookie.

You smiled, gladly taking the cookie. "Thanks, Pete." you munched on the cookie, enjoying it.

Peter turned to you, watching you devour that cookie. Words couldn't describe how much Peter's heart burned, just look at you and sitting with you.

Granted, you weren't really paying much attention, crumbs falling here and there.

Peter watched you laugh at a few flocks of pigeons that flew there and back, trying to attack a man carrying a hotdog.

Peter laughed, stilling looming at you. It physically began to hurt, not being able to tell you how he felt. He just liked you so much.

Peter didn't know how this feeling of overwhelming came to be, but he didn't want to fight it.

All he wanted to do was, grab your face, tell you how much he likes you, how much you deserve so much better than what Alex gives you and kiss you. Peter would then hear you tell him that you felt the same way and he would walk you home, hands intertwined with one another. He would stop by the door of your complex and you would give him a kiss on the cheek goodbye.

But he didn't.

None of that happened.

And none of that was going to happen.

Peter gripped his chest unnoticeably, you still dying of laughter about the pigeons.

He sighed, letting his hands slide down from his chest.

Peter finally looked away and gathered his composure.

He needed to tell you how he felt, but not to win you over.

Peter needed to tell you, so he could get over you.

You'd reject him, because of Alex and then it'd finally give Peter a reason to actually get over you.

If he didn't, he would be torturing himself for the rest of their friendship.

And Peter didn't want to lose you as a friend.

Peter had made up his mind, tonight he would do it.