Bottle It Up

You laid in bed, eyes wide open; no longer able to sleep.

You felt a pang of pain in your chest.

Ah, yes. The feeling of heartbreak. How wonderfully familiar.

You shut your eyes again, massaging your eyelids with your fingertips.

You felt tears threatening to squeeze out, but decided to absorb that emotion instead.

You inhaled, numbing yourself out.

You grabbed your phone on the side table next to you.

Six-thirty.

Why were you awake?

You set your phone back down onto the table, as your gaze shifted to a still knocked out Peter Parker.

His soft snores filled the silent room; chest rising and falling.

Yours remained blank, however, a soft smile curved upon your lips, remembering the events of last night.

It was a small thing, but what you were not able to comprehend at the time, was that, it actually meant the world to you.

You soon realised that you were enjoying the recollection, and forced a frown once again.

Shifting back onto your back, you laid there; trying to fall back asleep.

The both of you weren't due to wake up for another hour and a half, so you could still get some rest.

Your fingers traced over the largely-formed bags under your eyes.

You didn't care.

As time had continued to pass, it was around seven in the morning, and you had finally fallen back asleep.

A small tint of light had began to shine through the curtains.

Not sunshine, but the sky began to turn a bright purple; meaning that sunrise was coming soon.

Peter began to sleepily soft around in the bed, he rolled around to face you.

He finally fluttered his eyes open, seeing you lying on your back, sound asleep.

Peter; the jumpy mess that he was, jerked back instinctively, forgetting the situation at the moment.

He finally remembered all that has happened and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

He didn't know how to feel.

Peter was obviously upset that you lied to him in the first place. He felt absolutely betrayed.

Peter looked over to his friend, observing you once again.

But he also knew that you needed him.

He didn't know how to act or what to do.

He was also now experiencing being around you; with you, not knowing that he's madly in love with you, but now knowing that he's Spider-Man.

Peter's face scrunched up.

It's too early in the morning to be thinking about all of this.

He sighed, resting and lying flat on the bed once again.

Both of your bodies laid parallel with one another, as the morning slowly passed.

Maybe . . . maybe. We need to talk things out . . .

Peter's mind began to spin once again.

Did that mean Peter wanted to forgive you?

Did Peter still want to be friends with you?