Change of Plans

The school day ended like it normally did. You and Peter walked back to the lamppost that you both normally met up at, before going your separate ways.

You found yourself sitting in your room, dialling up Tony Stark.

You sat on your bed, listening to it ringing, waiting for him to pick up.

You felt like these past few days, you and Tony have been constantly on the phone.

"Kid, talk to me." you heard him greet.

"Mr. Stark," you began, getting up, beginning to pace around the room.

"I have a request for you and the plan for Parker's recruitment." you continued.

"What kind of request?" Tony questioned.

"I know you mentioned something about Peter and I eventually becoming partners partners for a future assignment, but I would like to request that you don't tell him my actual identity." you finished.

A quizzical look ran across Tony's face.

"Why would you want that?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

You didn't really know how to answer that, without making it seem like it was a personal problem.

"Er- I, um. Ahem... feel as though, if Parker were to find out my identity, with the way he's been acting towards me currently, it would hinder the quality and performance level of our success. I just don't want the friendship that Peter and I have to get in the way of us accomplishing our mission. I've been through experiences like this, knowing I'd have to remain professional, but Peter's never done this sort of thing before. So, if he knew it were me, someone he's comfortable with, he might not fulfil his full potential." you lied, on the spot.

You became extremely nervous, waiting for Tony to begin telling you how it was ridiculous.

"I see. Alright, I understand. Okay, we can do that." Tony responded bluntly.

Your eyes popped open, "Really?! I mean, um, thank you Mr. Stark." you said, maintaining yourself.

"Sure thing, kid. Is that all?" he asked.

"Yes, sir." you responded.

"Alright, then. I'll be flying in tomorrow to give this kid a personal invitation. I'll update you on the results." Tony said, before hanging up.

You sighed before plopping onto your bed, rubbing the bridge of your nose.

You got up from your bed and opened your bedroom closet.

You reached back to the back of your closet and pull out a hanger with a dress-coat cover on it.

You then changed into the outfit, which appeared to be the suit you wore during missions.

Initially, your superhero suit.

It wasn't much, considering you only used it every once in a while.

It was just a light grey body suit, with some silver accents and a hood.

You pulled up the hood and looked in the mirror, you frowned at how it didn't conceal your face.

"If I'm going to make sure Parker doesn't find out it's me, I'm really going to be in need of a new suit." you said smirking, getting excited for remodelling your suit.