New Assignment

A year after having received that letter of recruitment to Stark Industries, your routine teenage life had fluctuated tremendously.

Within that year, You were trained by Tony Stark, (specifically to help you understand and control your abilities), received a suit that enhanced your powers, and completed at least three special assignments from him.

Those assignments typically involved the utilisation of your powers of course.

Your visual undercover investigation, retrieving something that Mr. Stark wanted, (but needed you to fight for). Negotiating with and overall involvement with the other Avengers, etcetera.

You didn't consider yourself to be one of the Avengers, but you were very closely affiliated to them under Tony Stark.

Whenever you weren't on one of your special assignments, you stayed back home in Long Island, NY.

These assignments were more of a as needed kind of deal.

So, whenever Tony Stark needed you, you were ready.

Your phone vibrated on your desk, directing your focus away from the homework you were working on.

The caller ID read as unknown.

You picked it up instinctively, knowing that it would be from someone who needed your business.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Y/N." A voice responded.

"Hey, Happy, what's up?" You questioned, already expecting an invitation to the tower to receive a new assignments.

"Mr. Stark needs you here this weekend. I'm setting up a jet to come get you this Friday." Happy responded.

You frowned, remembering that you had a big Chemistry exam in that following Monday, that you originally planned to spend the weekend studying for.

You didn't naturally excel academically, like some other students could.

You weren't academically declined, but you also weren't the type who could just sit in class, absorb every detail and ace the exam the next day.

"Alright, let me just make some arrangements and I'll get back to you later today." You replied.

After a few cancellations and rearrangements, you were able to make it your three o'clock appointment at the Stark Tower.

You followed Happy into Mr. Starks office, thinking about all of the possible tasks you would be getting.

Another interrogation?

Maybe collaborating with one of the Avengers?

Maybe something related to outer-worldly events?

"Y/N." Mr. Stark greeted, offering a handshake.

"Afternoon, Mr. Stark." You returned.

Yours and Tony Stark's relationship was pretty formal most times and you were okay with that.

"So? What adventurous task do you have for me, today? I think I'm really ready to start trying out this new technique I came up with." You began eagerly, referring to a new trick you discovered in regards to your powers.

"Homework." Tony responded bluntly.

You were taken aback, thinking that you misheard him.

"I'm sorry?"

Tony smirked, "Homework."

You sat quietly, confused and just ready for him to explain.

"I've got a personal research project for you."

You sat there, getting frustrated with the open-ended statements that didn't exactly tell you what you needed to do.

"Okay... what exactly will I be researching?" You asked, swivelling in your chair.

"Peter Parker."