Sacrifice

NEAR TO DRAGONSTONE

"Where the hell are we?" Arya followed Yara. They breached the island of Dragonstone, and dock at the High Tide, Driftmark. That was on an island west of Dragonstone in Blackwater Bay. "Why are we doing roundabouts?" Arya sighed, but Yara did not answer. She was searching for someone or something in the harbour.
"I assume we are planning some surprise attack from the other side of the island, with only the best men," Brienne stated and turned to Yara.
"You still haven't noticed, we are not talking about anything loudly. Especially not here" Yara turned to them.
"Then when and where?" Arya stepped closer. "I want to know what is the plan, or I am just leaving for King's Landing and do whatever you want." she made a face.
"It is dangerous." Yara sighed. "The Queen commands us to keep it in a secret, but ..." she looked up to Brienne "You are not far from the truth."
"Grey Worm's ship. It did not dock here." Arya looked around and thinking. "When we reach the shores of Dragonstone?"
"Soon," Yara answered but she was still so secretive. Her eyes stopped on something for at least a minute long, then she turned back to Brienne.
"Before we go any further. I want to know which side are you?" Yara stared at Brienne.
"What do you mean?"
"You heard it. Which side are you? On the raven's side or you are going to fight for us until your last breath?" Yara was still looking at her, and Arya noticed her hand was resting on the sword's grip. Brienne made a face and stepped closer.
"Why? If I say I am on the King's side you are going to kill me? You can try." she told it straight to her face.
"No. But if you are not on our side... you better leave. Our Queen believes you are an honest and trustworthy woman, Lord Brienne. She told me to let you go if you want to leave, and... if you chose to serve the King." Yara stepped back.
"I always try to serve the truth and my oath still obligates me to protect the Stark sisters." Brienne straightened herself.
"Which sister?" Yara asked her after a minute of silence.
"Both."
"And what if one of them is on the King's side. Which one would you choose? Arya or Sansa?" Yara continued the logomachy.
"I don't have to choose." Brienne kept eye contact with Yara "Sansa is not on her brother's side. She wanted to escape before I left. I helped her. She may far away by now, and not even in the capital. If she is lucky enough."
"Fine." Yara held out her hand towards Brienne "We should go."

SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE WALL

Dany was alone in the house. Or at least she thought she is alone. She walked around and checked every corner of the small tent. There were many interesting and strange objects there, that she'd never seen in her life.
"Feel free to ask Your Grace, if you have questions about anything" the woman's voice came from her back and she heard how a door closed. She did not even notice that door earlier.
"As if you said... you are not a witch," Dany stated and pointed around with her hands.
"As I said, I ... inherited some abilities and some kinds of stuff from my mother. There are many which I never used." she stepped closer to Daenerys, then raised a candle from the table.
"Where is Lilyanna?" Dany continued. "She can't be... she... should be here. Close to me."
"She doesn't have to be in the same room, just close enough. Don't worry, her hiding ritual works quite well. She is ... powerful." the woman stated.
"She told you." Dany was still not sure, she can trust her or not, but it seemed Liliyanna just told her one of her secrets. "And what else did she tell you, if you don't mind I ask?"
"She is not your enemy. Neither I am." she smiled at Dany.

"Where is Ghost?" Dany sighed. She realized she hasn't seen the wolf since last night. He was there when she fell asleep.
"Left. He is a wolf. No one can control him. He is a free soul, of course when his owner doesn't warg into his mind." she laughed a bit.
"Which one of them was here earlier?" Dany turned to her.
"What?"
"The wolf or the owner. You know what I mean. Which one of them visited you... that time?" Daenerys stared at her reactions.
"It was years ago. He did not even know you at that time." she shook her head, then walked outside. The answer just made Dany more confused. How does she know? What does she know? Who is she? There were many questions in her mind, and she wanted her answers.
"How do you know?" Daenerys followed her outside.
"Maybe I am living alone, but I have information from the world. I know when the white wolf travelled to the south, to meet the famous Dragon Queen. Jon Snow was just a member of the Night's Watch when the wolf was there, and I am not even sure it was him or the wolf." she rolled her eyes. "Are you satisfied?"
Dany did not answer, just walked a bit further and looked around. It was so quiet and peaceful. It was hard to believe not so far away from that house... she almost died in that snowstorm. There was no trace of the storm. Guess, it was something magical... it was something that the Night King caused. Probably.
"When I was pregnant." Dany took a deep breath "I wanted nothing else, just this. A small house, in the middle of nowhere, where no one can find us. Me and my daughter."
"And your love I assume." the woman added.
"That time, I wanted Jon Snow to be as far away from me as possible." Dany glanced at her "We don't have an... average past." she tried to explain.