Sail

SOMEWHERE AT THE SEA

The fog became denser, they barely could see anything. The snowstorm was heavy, they really escaped at the last moment. They could hear how the ships cut the thin ice sheets on the water. Dany was standing at the end of the ship and she tried to see something. She still hoped that the woman who saved her, who brought her back to life... can survive somehow. The silence was huge in the ship, everyone knew they left the Island at the final moment. They would not have thought. They had no idea the Night King can freeze the sea. That was unexpected and frightening. Jon placed his hand to Dany's shoulder, and she swallowed her tears back. 
"This is how it should have been," Jon whispered. 
"She saved me. She saved us. She gave us a family and a future. And I let her die there. Alone." Dany barely could talk. 
"She chose to die there. She chose to help us. It was not us..." Jon answered, but suddenly she turned to him and she could kill him with her eyes.
"We did not even try to help her. You just dragged me out of there." she raised her voice, and all eyes were fixed on them.
"We did not have a choice!" Jon answered also so loud. "If we'd stay we'd all die." 
"You can't know that." she shook her head.
"We fought with them. You fought with them. And we did not have a choice Daenerys. We can't kill the Night King even if we are able to do it, because that way, we give more power to our worst enemy." he explained so heavily and ardently. "We had to leave, and she stayed to help us."
"I'll be... inside. With our daughter." she couldn't stand when he was talking her that way. And she realized there were too many people around them. 
"Dany." he took her arm, but she pulled it out from his hand, and left him there without any more word. Jon sighed and took a deep breath. He knew that was the right choice even if Kinvara had to die. He knew, without that Red Priestess, they would not be there today. He would not have a family, but that was their only chance. 
"Jon" Yara stepped next to him.
"Yes?" he tried to calm down.
"We should... figure out... where we want to ... dock. The only harbor close here is... King's Landing and that would not be a good idea." she swallowed. 

Dany entered to a cabin, but only Gendry was there.
"Where is Nesera?" She frowned and surprised.
"She ... did not feel well. She asked me to stay here." Gendry jumped up.
"Sit back." Dany indicated him with her hand. "I ... you know I don't mind when you are around my daughter." she tried to smile a bit.
"And..." he slowly sat back to the chair. "May I ask what is our next step? We are heading towards to the capital. Are you sure..."
"I don't know. I need some time to think."
"Mommy" Missandei pulled her dress. 
"Yes darling?" she smiled at her. 
"My dream." she continued. 
"Your dream." she crouched next to her daughter. "did not come true. I swore to you, it won't." she caressed her face. "And we're gonna stop them and everyone else who is trying to hurt our family. Before they can do it." 
"The darkness is around. Not just behind us," she whispered to her mother. 
"The darkness ends soon." Dany nodded "Don't worry darling." she pulled her close and glanced at Gendry. He smiled at them, or at least he tried. That was heartbreaking and sweet at once. That little girl with so much power, that she doesn't even know about. That little girl, who was just a toddler, can be the one who saves the world. It was ... unbelievable and cruel. 

"Are you alright?" Daario stepped to Nesera. She was leaned to the railing and took deep breaths. Again and again. She did not feel well. "Nesera." he leaned to her. 
"I'll be fine." she nodded slowly. "She died." she continued quietly. "I felt it. The moment, when she died."
"She sacrificed herself for us," Daario admitted.
"And I have to be the next." her voice was trembling. 
"That is not sure. You... you are not going to die." Daario answered and tried to make her calm. 
"I felt her strength. Her power." she raised her eyes at him. "When she died, I... the Lord gave her power to me. I have to continue her mission, I have to die to make them live. To help them create a better world." she was fighting with her tears. "And my time is near." she took a deep breath and a tear rolled down in her face. "But I don't wanna die." 
"Come here." Daario hugged her close. He was not a too sensitive man, but in that situation, he knows she needs someone who reassures her. "Maybe ahm... I don't know much about the Lord and his plans, but maybe his plan for you to serve them for long. To stay next to them. We... We'll find a way to keep you alive."