six

________________________________

ALEX STIRRED IN HER SLEEP, AWAKING SLOWLY. THE MAKESHIFT ROOM WAS MADE UP BY TONY, who approved of her staying at Stark Tower.

That was two weeks ago.

She had stepped over Declan's limp arm, packed a bag, and got the hell away from him. She called Tony crying, and he instructed her to come to the building.

"I guess you should never be late for work then," He had joked.

A couple days after she had starting staying at the tower, the Avengers had to go Germany to collect a potential threat to the city. Apparently, a 'highly dangerous villain' had been making some trouble. She wasn't Nick-Approved yet, so she stayed behind to continue training.

"Are you sure I can't come?" She had asked as Tony gathered some things to leave.

"I'm sorry, Miss Clark, but with everything that's going on, we can't add any stress to the situation."

"Which is what I would do," She replied.

"They're just not warmed up to you yet. This is the first thing that's happened since the Avengers Initiative, so we're still testing the waters." He grabbed her shoulders. "But, I promise, when we get back, Nick will meet our new little secret weapon."

She smiled, nodding. "Please be careful."

"Nothing gets done if I'm careful,"

"Who is this guy, anyway?"

"I can't exactly tell you that,"

"No fair,"

"Jarvis, take care of her for me," He called, winking and walking out.

She sighed, sitting in her chair and running routine tests on herself. Her phone buzzed, flashing Declan's picture on the screen. She had ignored all his calls and texts, not wishing to deal with it.

Although, without Bruce and Tony, she grew bored. She talked to Jarvis in her spare time, and took messages from Tony.

"Hey, Sparky, they have Barton. He's been....evilized, somehow. A couple more days." He had sent a day after he left.

"Good news, we have Loki detained in a big, flying aircraft thing. Once we figure some things out, we'll be back." She received soon after.

She was beginning to grow nervous when she didn't hear from him. She called him and Bruce, not gaining an answer from either.

"Jarvis, do you happen to know Captain America's phone number?"

"No, Miss Clark, I do not."

"I didn't think so. Worth a shot, though."