thirty

─────────────────

TONY RELUCTANTLY BROUGHT THE TWINS BACK WITH THEM, AT ALEX'S REQUEST. THEY WASTED NO TIME getting back to the tower, as many things needed to be discussed. 

 However, when they walked into the lab, they saw Bruce and Tony together. Uploading more data. 

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve said angrily. Alex and the twins were next to Steve, all with unhappy looks on their faces. 

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony retorted. 

"Shut it down!" Steve ordered. 

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing," Wanda spoke up.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce nodded to Wanda. 

"I know you're angry," She stepped out from behind Steve.

"We're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Bruce," Alex scolded. 

"Banner, after everything that's happened--"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony yelled. 

"You don't know what's in there," Wanda argued. 

"This isn't a game, Tony!" 

Alex was quiet, not wanting to interject. She agreed with Steve, that this was reckless. But, how was she to go against Tony and Bruce, who had been there for her before? 

Pietro suddenly ran over to the machine in a blur, unplugging it. "You were saying?" 

But, a gunshot sounded, and the glass floor beneath him broke. He fell down a floor with a thud

"Pietro!" Wanda exclaimed. 

"I'm rerouting the upload," Tony said as the machine started beeping. 

In protest, Steve threw his shield aggressively. It bounced off the walls, hitting many machines on its way. Tony turned, hitting Steve with a blast from his iron hand. Wanda started to join in, but was put in a choke hold by Bruce.

Alex didn't know what to do, so she ran over to Tony. She grabbed his wrist to stop him from hitting Steve. He shook her off easily.

"Who's side are you on?"

"The Avengers." She spoke, trying to drain him, but he put on his suit quickly. 

Tony and Steve went at it, shattering glass and breaking everything in sight. Then, suddenly, Thor flew into the room. He raised Mjölnir, summoning lightning into the space.