fifty-two

_____________________________________

STARTING A REVOLUTION WAS NOT EASY. HOWEVER, IT WAS SOMETHING ALEX COULD CROSS OFF HER BUCKET list of life. Also crossed off of the list was finding out what happens if you fall out of the Bifrost. 

Alex was with Loki and Thor as they began to hack their way into the garage. 142 had gone to start up the revolution, as starting riots was 'fun for her'. Bruce, not wanting to be on the violent side of things, accompanied her. 

"Hey, so listen, we should talk." Thor broke the silence. 

Loki shook his head. "I disagree. Open communication was never our family's forte." 

"You have no idea. I've quite the revelation since we last spoke. 

Loki finally finished entering the code, and the doors slid open. On the other side of the door, guards were armed and ready. Loki and Thor stood on both sides of Alex, both holding guns. Alex, however, just stood with her hands out. 

"Hello, boys." 

Loki and Thor opened fire, as Alex froze guards from where she stood. As they blasted all of the guards, they moved forward into the next room. 

"Odin brought us together, it's almost poetic that his death should split us apart." Loki dropped his weapon to type in another code. "We might as well be strangers now. 'Two sons of the crown' set adrift." 

A guard came through the door as it opened, but Thor took him out. 

"I thought you didn't want to talk about it?" Thor jabbed. 

"Y'all pick the best situations for family therapy time."

They all boarded a clear glass elevator. 

"Here's the thing, I'm probably better off staying on Sakaar."

Alex had no idea what Loki was up to, so she remained silent. But, she knew there was no way in hell Loki was being serious. 

"This place is perfect for you. It's savage, chaotic, lawless. Brother, you're going to do great here."

"Do you truly think so little of me?" 

Thor paused before saying, "Loki, I thought the world of you. I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever. But, at the end of the day, you're you, I'm me...I don't know, maybe there's still good in you, but let's be honest. Our paths diverged a long time ago."

Alex saw the hurt flash in Loki's eyes, and could tell he would mask his emotions. 

"It's probably for the best that we never see one another again."

Alex looked at Loki, but he wouldn't return her glance. She could tell from patterns that right before Loki was going to betray his brother, he pushed him away so it wouldn't sting as much. She now grew nervous for what was to come.