forty-six

_____________________________________

ALEX RELUCTANTLY WALKED, HER ARM BEING YANKED BY THOR LIKE A KID DRAGGING HIS MOTHER INTO A candy store. She had left Tony with a hug and a goodbye, promising to return.

"Thor, will you slow down? Also, where the hell have you been? We had a full on, Avenger on Avenger, war down there!" Alex huffed as he dragged her down the Bifrost. 

"I was fighting battles. There are other realms to attend to besides Midgard, you know."

"Alright, fair enough. But, you still haven't explained where we're going."

"It's too disturbing to place into words." Thor shuddered. 

Alex rolled her eyes. Thor was always one for dramatics, and it definitely ran in the family. He dragged her all the way into the castle, and she wasn't even able to stop to greet the servants that welcomed her back. 

"Thor, will you please provide some sort of explanation?" 

"You will see in just a moment."

They finally came upon the throne room, where Thor threw the doors open. There sat Loki, on the throne, completely unbothered. His lips turned up into a smirk when his eyes landed on Alex.

"There," Thor pointed an accusing finger. "He has been posing as Odin since we've been absent." 

Alex looked at Thor, then back to Loki, who waggled his fingers.

"You got caught, idiot?" She spoke, walking over to the throne. 

Ignoring Thor's mouth hanging open, she embraced Loki in a tight hug. He rubbed her back, and she buried her face in his firm shoulder. 

"You've got to be kidding me. You knew?" 

"Of course, Thor, we discussed this before I left."

"So you condone this?" Thor angrily asked. 

"I don't condone anything Loki does, but he'll just do it anyway." She turned around to face Thor, Loki's arm draped around her shoulders. 

"I know exactly where Odin is, stop your fretting. I do, though, appreciate you fetching this little firecracker for me," Loki spoke, giving Alex's backside a little slap. 

She jumped a little, hitting him in the arm. 

"Well, before we go, can Loki and I catch up? Or do I have to go from one panic attack to another?" 

"Fine, fine, don't be long." 

Alex grinned, taking Loki's hand and leading him through the corridors. 

"So, how did he know it was you?" 

"He's an oaf, but apparently not daft anymore. He said Surtur told him," Loki waved off.