forty-three

_________________________________

SUDDENLY, SAM'S VOICE CAME OVER THEIR TEAM'S INTERCOM SYSTEM.

"We found it. Their Quinjet's in hangar five, north runway."

"Alright, Lang." Steve spoke.

Scott, who was on Steve's shield in his little ant form, suddenly grew to human size and roundhouse-kicked Spider-Man. He ran back over to Steve and Alex, returning the shield to its rightful owner. 

"There's two on the parking deck, one of 'em is Maximoff. I'm gonna grab her--Rhodey, you wanna take Cap?" Tony ordered. 

"There's two in the terminal: Wilson and Barnes." 

"Barnes is mine!" T'Challa yelled. 

"This is insanity." Alex spoke to Steve. "But, we outnumber them by one."

"Mr. Stark, what should I do?" 

"You can have a go at Alex,"

Alex smirked, her head turning toward the boy. 

Steve and T'Challa began aggressively fighting, and the tension was thick. They weren't just brawling because they were on opposite sides, but Alex knew Steve would defend Bucky until the day he dies. 

"Alright, kid," Alex spoke. "It's nap time,"

She lunged at Spider-Man, trying to grab a hold of him so she could drain him. However, he was quick. He moved with agility, his webs allowing him to swing away from her every time she got close. 

She did grab him, for merely a second, but only could drain him a little bit. 

"Woah, that's so cool! You can take my energy?"

Alex stopped fighting for a moment. 

"Look, I like you. You've got spunk. But for the love of God, will you stop talking?" 

"Sure thing!"

He swept her leg, to her surprise.  She quickly got up, and told herself to stop going easy on him. She didn't want to hurt him though, hell, she didn't want to hurt anybody here. These were her friends, for fuck's sakes. 

As she kept throwing punches that he dodged, she was now moving in on him. However, suddenly, a new face appeared. 

Loki was casting a hologram of himself, right next to her. 

"Oh, dear, you look busy."

"Loki, you could not have chosen a worse time," She dodged a sweep from Spider-Man.

"Who are you talking to?" The kid asked, not ceasing his fighting.

"Well, I'll leave you to it. You're doing great, darling."