sixty-eight

_____________________________________

THE MOST UNUSUAL SENSATION OVERTOOK ALEX AS THEY SHOT INTO THE QUANTUM REALM. SHE CLENCHED HER fists and tried to endure the feeling of her insides doing somersaults, but she prayed it would be over soon. In the blink of an eye, she was now standing in the dungeons of the castle. Her eyes raked over her surroundings, and she had a warm, fuzzy feeling for a brief moment. 

Every memory she had in this castle came flooding back. The fights. The laughs. Everything in between. 

This really wasn't helping. 

The trio found themselves in the corridors now. 

"We need to find Jane. Thor, you have to do so without running into your past self. That might be really detrimental for your past self to see." Alex spoke. 

"Shut up, Clark. You'll probably run into your past self with Loki, probably shag--" 

"Here's the deal," Rocket interrupted him. "You're gonna charm her when you find her, and I'm gonna poke her with this thing and extract the Reality Stone. Our time watch thingies will bring us back when our time is up." 

"I'll go find the real Thor and freeze him. We don't need any interruptions." Alex added. 

"Alright. Be careful, Alex." Rocket spoke, out of character by being somewhat nice. 

"Right, right, but first, I'll be right back. There's a wine cellar, that's just down there. My father used to have this huge barrel of ale. I'll see if the cellar has a couple of--"

"Hey, aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket accused. 

The sound of a door opening echoed throughout the hallway, and they all shot back behind a pillar. They could see Frigga walking with some maids, and Alex glanced over at a somber Thor. 

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket broke their silence. 

"It's my mother. She dies today."

Alex winced at his words. Suddenly, she thought back to that day, when she tried to stop it. Then, her mind went to the funeral. When Loki held her hand. 

"I can't do this. I can't do this," Thor began to spiral. "I-I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea." 

"Come here." Rocket spoke. 

"No, no, no. I think I'm having...I'm having a panic attack. I shouldn't be here." 

"Right here." Rocket motioned while Thor heaved. 

"Rocket, don't." Alex sighed. 

"This is...this is bad--"

Thor was cut off by Rocket slapping him across the face.