eight

________________________________

BACK ON EARTH, TONY WAS FRANTIC. 

"Tony, calm down." Bruce tried.

"I can't calm down. He's got Alex, and what he wants we can't even give him,"

"Why can't we?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D. currently has the scepter," Steve chimed in. "It's not ours to give,"

"I'll simply go and fetch her," Thor says triumphantly, a smile painting his lips.

He walked outside, pointing his hammer to the sky. A confused expression fell upon his face when a portal didn't open for him. He thrust it toward the sky harder, grunting.

"Heimdall?" He calls nervously.

Then, he swings the hammer in a circle, picking up speed. He hovers for a moment, but falls back down.

Tony sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Why isn't this working!" Thor said angrily. "Heimdall!"

"Alright, buddy, the portal ain't working," Tony said, losing patience. "Now, we can't even get to her because your hammer is broken."

"Mjölnir is not broken. Heimdall must have been compromised,"

"We're wasting time," Nat said. "Thor, is there any other way to get to Asgard?"

"No, the Bifrost is the only safe way,"

"Then we need a plan to trap Loki," Steve said.

"I may have an idea," Tony said.

<>

Alex sat in the cage, alone. It had been hours since Loki left her sitting there. She couldn't tell if night had fallen, but she was growing tired. She was too worried to fall asleep, though. Who knows what he would do to her if she was off her guard.

She sat up when Loki came stalking in.

"Are you going to kill me,"

He chuckled. "No, no, you're too important,"

"Again, I'm not important. Honestly, I don't think any of the Avengers know my name. In fact, they all hate me. Yeah."

"You talk too much," Loki rubbed his forehead.

"You kill too much. Do you have any regard for life? I bet you'd kill a puppy if you were given the chance."

"I despise puppies,"

"Of course you do. Who hates puppies? Honestly," She breathed.

"I'm assuming you're going to need sustenance." He changed the subject.