twenty-two

________________________________

ALEX BARELY SLEPT AS SHE AWAITED THEIR TRAINING DAY. LOKI WANTED HER TO TRAIN, BUT FOR WHAT? SHE WONDERED if she would still be staying in Asgard for a long time. So much has changed since he had taken her. Did the scepter even matter anymore? Could she trust him?

All her questions were interrupted by the door opening. 

"Milady, your breakfast." The same guard came in. 

"What is your name? I'm sorry, I've never asked." Alex said, stepping out of bed. 

"Rowan, milady."

"Nice to meet you, Rowan. And please, for the love of God, call me Alex."

He only smiled. 

Rowan left the room, leaving Alex alone to eat. She did so quickly, and mindlessly got dressed. She wore the same leather pants, white tunic, and lace-up boots as always. Her routine had gotten more settling as she grew more comfortable with Loki. 

She had barely finished getting dressed when Loki came in. He was wearing leather pants as well, paired with a long sleeved black shirt. 

"Are you ready?" He asked. 

"Am I ever?"

He chuckled, holding his hand out toward the door. She walked out of it, and they walked side by side in silence. 

She knew, in the back of her mind, she was going to have to tell him how she felt. But, how would she knew he felt the same way? Maybe, it was smarter to just withhold that information. How did she know he wasn't still tricking her? There were many consequences to her telling him of her feelings, and she wasn't sure the good outweighed the bad. 

"Stop thinking so hard, I can practically hear how loud your brain is."

If only you knew, she thought. 

Loki had seen her nose scrunch out of the corner of his eye. He was aching to know what it was that she thought so hard about all the time. He turned his head, looking her up and down slowly. He had never really thought to look at her, to really look at her. He couldn't deny she was beautiful, not even when he first laid his eyes on her in Stark Tower. But, now, when she was determined, walking confident and ready, that hit him differently. 

They reached the gardens, and the day was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining brightly, reaching its highest point of the day. 

"Alright. You've recently found a development in your power, and you need to use that. If someone is advancing on you, don't be afraid to freeze them."

"All that is dandy, Loki, but what the hell am I supposed to do when I fall asleep in the middle of a fight?" 

"You need to fight that. You did the other day,"