thirty-three

─────────────────

THE HELICARRIER WAS EQUIPPED WITH ONE OF STARK'S JETS, WHICH IS WHAT THE AVENGERS USED TO FLY BACK TO the tower. When they arrived, they tiredly dragged their feet to the penthouse to recuperate. 

Alex was woken by Steve, who informed her she slept the entire ride back. 

"Why not let me go back to sleep?" She asked groggily. 

"Loki's got some shrapnel lodged in his skin." 

"Do I look like a doctor to all of you? Seriously," She waved him off, walking toward the lab. She stretched her limbs, yawning. 

Upon walking in, she saw Loki standing against the counter, eyeing her up and down. 

"I'm not sure I want you fixing me while you're half asleep."

"I'll be too tired to actually hurt you," 

"Good point."

She collected her energy as she grabbed a first aid kit. She pointed to the counter, indicating for Loki to sit on it. She opened the kit, grabbing the bottle of peroxide and some cloth. 

"I, um, need you to take your shirt off," She spoke, keeping her eyes on the bottle. 

He rose an eyebrow, but took the hem of his shirt in his fingers. Alex guessed that he had already discarded his armor on the jet. Slowly to avoid pain, he lifted the shirt over his head. She stole a glance while the shirt covered his eyes, her eyes glancing over his toned abdomen. 

She knew for a fact that a blush was beginning to form on her cheeks. 

Alex poured some peroxide on the cloth, and stepped toward him. She placed her left hand on his shoulder, her soft touch sending chills down his spine. She almost shuddered at how cold his skin was as it came into contact with hers. With her right hand, she began to wipe the fresh blood away. 

He hissed as the peroxide burned his flesh, and she looked up in alarm. He nodded for her to keep going, so she kept cleaning. 

"I'll need you to lay down so I can take the shrapnel out,"

He nodded, laying back on the counter. She grabbed a pair of tweezers from the kid, and looked down at him. He was staring at her, his blue eyes never leaving hers. She placed a hand on his abdomen, inches from the cut. He seemed so innocent, like he depended on her. She looked away, focusing on the gash on his side. 

She quickly took the small piece of metal out of the wound, and he grunted in pain. 

"There's another piece," She quietly said. 

"Just get it out."

She did so, wiping it every couple of seconds. Once she took the final piece out, he let out a breath.