twenty-three

________________________________

ALEX SPENT THE NEXT DAY BY HERSELF. LOKI HAD COME IN HER ROOM BRIEFLY TO INFORM HER HE HAD 'things to do', so she basked in her alone time. She wandered the castle, read books, and just relaxed. 

She immensely enjoyed herself, but she could not shake that aching feeling. There was something in her head telling her to talk to Loki, even if he didn't feel the same way. 

But, at this point, she knew he felt something. Loki treated everyone beneath him as a subordinate, but not her. He put her on a higher pedestal than others. She knew he saw greatness in her, and that was something. For a man who tried to seem incapable of love, he begged for it. 

There was no doubt in Alex's mind that she had gone crazy. Wanting to stay in Asgard? She never thought she'd see the day. On the other hand, her life started changing the second she stepped foot into Stark Towers a year ago in Earth time. 

Loki, on the other hand, was miserable. His growing fear had come true--he had feelings for the girl. He knew the second she displayed her powers for him that he would take a liking to her. Who could blame him, though? Every step she took emitted power. She had no doubt grown more confident since being in Asgard. She just needed the proper push to start developing into the woman she was meant to be. 

He was never really one to express his feelings, as that was frowned upon with Odin. A true king, Odin taught them, didn't let the follies of emotions plague their minds. Kings are focused, not distracted. Loki wanted to be a king, but at what cost? 

"Rowan," Alex spoke as the guard walked into her chamber at his designated time. 

"Milady," 

"I'm going to go to the gardens, can you inform Loki if he asks?" 

"Of course, milady." 

She rolled her eyes at his incessant politeness, still smiling. 

She quickly ate her porridge, throwing on whatever clothes she could find. She was excited to get outside after spending the morning tucked away in her chamber. 

She could almost feel the sunlight as she neared the gardens. They were absolutely beautiful, plentifully planted with trees she knew were foreign to Earth. Some servants worked on the shrubs, and nodded respectfully to her. She walked back to the more private part of the garden where she and Loki played their game. 

Oddly, though, she noticed something as she walked by. 

The flowers seemed to die the second she passed them. She kneeled down, watching the soft pink bulbs slowly wilt. 

"What," She whispered, her fingers softly touching them. 

She just killed flowers on accident.