༓☾ forty three ☽༓

I stumble back a little from the impact of the arrow going through my chest. I feel something warm start to drip down my chest and I touch it with my fingertips and then I look at them to see it's blood.

I knew something was going to happen.

I had been following Tae since the night he left. Without anyone knowing, well anyone besides Namjoon, I got on the ship and came all the way here. I thought he would have caught me while I was getting onto the boat with him since it started to get windy, carrying my scent straight to him but thanks to my lux powers I was able to get by undetected. I just couldn't let him go by himself.

I kept getting a bad feeling about this whole thing. If Soohyun was involved, it's clear that something bad would happen. If he involved anyone in his plans he surely corrupted their minds in a way. I couldn't let Taehyung come here by himself to see what this Wonseok dudes involvement is.

Even though Tae might not show it all the time, he has a kind heart and he always gives everyone a second chance. He probably wouldn't have seen this coming but it's okay because I was here to take the shot.

I look up at Taehyung to see him looking at me with wide eyes and a very shocked look overall.

I smile a little at him as I try to keep myself up even though the pain is starting to get to me and more blood is starting to come out.

"Jungkook." He says still in shock but that soon wears off as he comes to my side and holds onto me carefully and that's when I feel myself collapse.

He carefully lays me on the floor with my head in his hands. And I hold tight to his arms, trying to not move around too much.

Once he has me laid down I hear footsteps come up the stairs and the vampire in the room makes his way to us and when I see him I get shocked by his expression.

He looks guilty and regretful. He even looks like he's going to cry.

You're telling me that he is the one who wanted to kill Taehyung. Yet his expression seeing someone hurt by his actions shows that he's not a killer. He let his emotions get the best of him, he listened to a liar rather then listen to his leader.

"I-I'm sorry." He whispers out as he holds a hand up to his mouth, still in shock.

The other vampire who had come up to the stairs goes up to him and pulls him into a hug and faces him the other way, away from me.

I wince when I feel it dig into my chest a little deeper. I need to get it out now.

I look back to Taehyung to see him still in slight shock. "Jungkook what are you doing here?" He asks me and I let out a small chuckle then a wince from the pain. "I couldn't let you come here on your own. You could have gotten killed." I say as I point to the wooden arrow made from the wood that could have killed him. The wood that has his fathers blood runs through.

But it won't kill me, that's why I took the arrow instead. And I would have done it a million times over with no hesitation.

"What do you mean it won't kill you?" He asks as he wipes away his tears, trying to keep himself together. I bring my hand up to his cheeks and I caress them, wiping his tears away. I know he's angry and shocked as well as sad right now but I'll be fine. I wouldn't have done something without thinking through it.

"I told you to stay." He says and I just smile, he should have known better. "I couldn't. I love you too much to just let you c-come by yourse-self." I bring my hand back down, feeling like I'm loosing my energy with each passing second.

It's too dark in this room.

"G-get the arrow o-out." I say with all seriousness but he looks at me like I'm crazy and I just sigh as I bring my hand to the arrow and breathe in and then pull it out, breathing out.

I need light.

I scream when the tip of the arrow finally makes its way out of my chest and I throw it off to the side with a grunt.

"Jungkook!" Tae yells out as he puts his hand over my wound, trying to stop the bleeding but I just ignore it as I get up and carefully, making my way to the windows that are tinted, not letting any true sunlight come in.

Once I get there I put my hand to the window and blow out the glass, making it fall into shatters outside.

And once I do that the sunlight comes in and I let it's rays land on me, healing me.

Lux means light.

I need light and the sunlight is one of the purest lights here and so it heals me. Light needs light. It's just a feeling I was getting, the feeling of needing light and I guess that feeling is right.

I feel my skin start to glow and little by little my wound starts to patch itself and the energy I had felt leaving my body comes back and it comes back stronger.

Once I feel myself fully healed, my skin stops glowing and I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding.

I turn around to face the two vampires who had tried to kill my Taehyung. Now they better have a good reason as to why or I won't hold back.

"We're not going to do anything stupid." Taehyung says as he pulls me into a hug and I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his neck as I snuggle my face into his chest. "But they were trying to hurt you." I say in all seriousness. He lets out a chuckle as he backs away from the hug a little to look at the wound that was just pierced by an arrow a few moments ago.

He lifts my shirt up to see a small scar right next to where my heart is and he lets out a sigh. "They hurt you." He caresses the scar gently with the top of his thumb and I hum, agreeing with him but like I said before, I would take the arrow a million times with no hesitation if it means I get to save him.

"I'm sorry." We both turn to face the duo standing there, both looking equally guilty.

I look at the one with blonde hair with a deadly look since he was the one who was controlling the arrow and he looks away from my gaze, unable to hold it.

"Wonseok I didn't kill your parents and if you would like proof, here." He takes out a small clear pouch from his bag and hands it over to Wonseok who carefully takes out a strand of hair from it.

"It's Soohyun's and even though he's dead, you should be able to pick up something." Wonseok takes a sniff and once he does he closes his eyes.

A few seconds pass when he opens his eyes again and they're swarming with sadness but a hint of relief. Relief that he probably now knows who killed his parents. A sense of peace is what he has now.

"I'm sorry." He says once again as he looks away and I let out a sigh as I let go of Taehyung and make my way over to Wonseok. "You don't have to be sorry. You were blinded and lied to by a man who had took away the most precious people from our lives. But now you know the truth. Now you can live in peace." I pull him into a hug and he gasps, shocked by my actions but he hugs me back nonetheless.

"Thank you." We pull away from the hug and I nod my head and make my way back to Taehyung, but not before shooting another glare to the blondie. Still don't like him.

"Now come on we have a bonding ceremony to get ready for." I say as I take his hand in mine and he smiles at me as he lets out a small laugh, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Let's go."

And with that, hand in hand, we walk out of that mansion and make our way back to the boat with the three crew members following right behind us.

"Next time don't ever do that Jungkook."

"You're right, it hurt. You take the love shot next time."

We both laugh as we get on the boat.

We can now truly be happy and love each other without anything getting in our way again.