Episode 2: None Down, Nineteen to Go, Part 2 (🇨🇦 ➤ 🇲🇦)

Sarah's POV

Our flight to Morocco was a good time for rest and relaxation. Of course it was kinda hard to do that if you were right next or behind Owen, who was eating sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies loudly. I'm more impressed he isn't screaming while on the plane.

"That was delicious! Can I have another batch?" He asked the flight attendant. Seriously, it's amazing that he can just about anything and everything.

"That was our last batch, sir," She replied, "You pretty much ate all of the snacks." The attendant left the aisle.

"NO!" Owen screamed in terror then he calmed down for second until he hugged his teddy bear (which he had for some reason) and turned back to us, "It's okay though. I have Beary to keep me company," He chuckled, "Get it? Beary?"

"Yes..." Sammy nervously smiled while Noah rolled his eyes.

"I used to be afraid of planes. Now with him along, I don't need worry about my fear of flying," He held the bear to his face, "Isn't that right Beary? Oh no you don't Owen. You have my company to keep you calm!" He imitated a toy voice at the last part. Sammy and I glanced at each other for a moment.

--------

Don's POV

"Morocco, originally named Italy until it was discovered there already was an Italy. Home to scorchingly hot foods as well as scorchingly hot deserts."

--------

"Attention all passengers, we're now beginning our descent to Morocco. Please wear your seat belts and as we exit, leave in a calm and orderly fashion," The pilot announced over the loudspeaker. As the plane finally landed, and we left, it was more of a stampeding herd of bulls.

"I said ORDERLY! Ugh, nevermind."

All of us on the first flight ran to the Don Box for the tip to receive our next tip.

"The spice is right. It's an All-In!" Jacques announced.

--------

Don's POV

"An All-In requires both team members to compete in the challenge. In this case, teams must make their way here to Youseff's Spice Kiosk and pick out five spices from the bountiful array. Some are-" Youseff slapped my hand away. "OW! Some are sweet but some are so blisteringly hot they'll turn your stomach into a volcano of pain!"

--------

General POV

"And it says here, 'Pick five spices from the kiosk. Ideally, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, saffron, and ginger to receive you next travel tip.' Let's go!" Sammy finished.

So the front runner teams all headed to their respective taxis and headed to the kiosk. Once they arrived there, they noticed unlabeled bags of spices and that the contents look nearly identical to each other.

"These aren't labeled!" One of the Police Cadets, MacArthur, complained, "Why aren't they labeled?"

"It's this one!" Carrie pointed to one of the spices, "This is cinnamon, this is cinnamon!"

"Now, which of these are the five spices that we need to pick?" Sarah asked.

Sammy examined the bags carefully.

"Come on, Sammy. Hurry up! The other teams are ahead!" Sarah gestured to the other who were far away.

That's when Sammy figured the out the spices, saying them in the order of cinnamon, ginger, saffron, paprika, and cumin.

--------

INDIVIDUAL CONFESSIONAL TIME (CHEERLEADERS)

SAMMY

"I knew those summer cooking classes would pay off."

END INDIVIDUAL CONFESSIONAL

--------

Youseff gave Sammy the spices she picked, as well as a travel tip.

"Here we go. Ride across the desert to the restaurant on your camel." We looked to the herd of camels that were swarming with flies, "Well, that's one ride we'll never forget... no matter how hard we try."

"WHY DO THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME?! AAAAAHHHHH!" Owen seemed to have a panic attack on choosing the spices and ran away.

"I worry for him sometimes," Sammy said.

"Don't we all?" Sarah replied as they took a camel and rode across the desert. Shortly after, Owen, Noah, Dwayne, and Junior had caught up to them. Needless to say, Morocco is HOT. Seriously, everyone was laying on their camels and even they were getting exhausted.

"I don't know what's worse, the stench of this camel or the hot desert heat," Sarah groaned.

"Both, I guess," Sammy replied.

Sammy's POV

After a short trip, we had finally arrived by the next stop. Sarah and I jumped off our camels and read the next tip, "It's a Botch-or-Watch: Just Stew It. Hand your spices to the chef so he can add it to a bowl of Moroccan stew which one of you must eat."

"I'll do it," Sarah said.

"You sure?" I asked.

Sarah nodded.

"When you finish your stew, race as fast as you can through desert through the chill zone because the last team to meet Don will be cut from the race," Sarah read.

Sarah handed the spices to the chef and he started making the stew. After a minute or two, he was ready. 

"Well, down the hatch," Sarah said.

As soon as she started eating, the other teams started to arrive. But what caught my attention was that Owen's face was tomato red from the stew.

"What's the matter?" I questioned his condition.

Owen breathed heavily, "NEED. WATER!" He immediately ran over to his camel and actually (and I'm 100% completely serious) drank its saliva. And boy, was it disgusting.

Chet, on the other hand, gagged making Lorenzo glare at him, "Do not spit that out Chet or we'll lose! Swallow! Do it! DO IT!"

Amazingly, he did so but something that affected the others, "My barf is actually less spicy than the stew!"

In response, Crimson, Spud, Emma, Sarah, and Mickey gagged. Sarah was able to swallow the soup down so which probably is harder than it looks. We took into the desert and left the other teams in the dust.

After a long time of running, we had finally reached the chill zone. "Congratulations, Cheerleaders! You come in 4th place."

"Yeah!" Sarah and I high-fived each other.

--------

DUAL CONFESSIONAL TIME (CHEERLEADERS)

SARAH

"4th place isn't really a bad position, right?"

SAMMY

"Yeah, but this is just the first leg. Besides, we can always do better than that.

END DUAL CONFESSIONAL