Episode 17: Lord of the Ring Toss (🇨🇦 ➤ ❄️)

Sarah's POV

Not much has happened after Emma decided to restore her relationship with Noah only after the race. It's a small step, but at least they won't be distracted to the point where I'll be driven insane.

Sammy and I received our next tip from the Don Box. "Looks like we're flying to the Arctic Circle." Sky replied after reading from the paper.

--------

Don's POV

"The Arctic Circle, home to the world's harshest climate, whitest animals, and favorite storybook characters. Teams must fly here by Cessna, three teams per flight, to get their next tip. And they'll be chilled to the bone to find out there's another boomerang in play. Find this attached to your tip, and you can make another team repeat the first challenge. Just our way of adding some, "Oh, that's cold." to the cold."

--------

Sarah's POV (cont.)

It was obvious that we were gonna wait to get on the same flight as Owen and Noah and we did. Unfortunately, we were also aboard the same flight as the Ice Dancers.

"These tiny planes are safe right, guys?" Owen asked us nervously.

One of us was going to answer back, but Joseé beat us to it, "I read somewhere that 86% of planes crash."

This was the part where I'm suppose to glare, say something sarcastic, and get Joseé to back off. "Oh, and where'd you find that fact? Wikipedia? A Google Document?" Hey, now that's EXACTLY something I would say. I had no idea she was capable of that, "I didn't know you guys had the brains and skills of a three-day old melted fudgesicle pop."

Joseé glared at me in response, "Says the cheerleader whose partner crashed over 14 times while riding a bull."

I laughed in response, "At least mine took it with courage and didn't scream like a frightened little school girl." Jacques whistled nervously before he walked off somewhere else. Yeah, we stuck around long enough to hear him scream multiple times to the point where glass would break.

"Oh, yeah?! Well you... she... I... UGH!" She walked off in anger away from us then tended to her partner.

--------

DUAL CONFESSIONAL TIME (CHEERLEADERS)

SAMMY

"Nice one, Sarah." *shares a fist bump with her*

END INDIVIDUAL CONFESSIONAL

--------

We soon arrived to the Arctic Circle from what it looked like the same time as everyone. We were given gloves, sleeves (if needed), hats, and earmuffs. By the time we got there, the Haters were nowhere to be seen so they're probably on their way to the next challenge already.

I took the next tip from the Don Box, "It's a Botch-or-Watch. Since you've finished the bull challenge, this one's mine."

"What does it say?" Sammy asked.

"Find a ring hidden somewhere in the snow and toss one unto a narwhal's tusk."

--------

Don's POV

"In this Botch or Watch, botchers must find a hoop somewhere hidden around this location and successfully toss it onto the tusk of a narwhal. Like so!" I said as I found a ring ans successfully ringed it on a narwhal's tusk.

"Once they finish the task, teams must ride one of these snowmobiles east until they find the next Don box. This is the last chance for teams to use the boomerange to send one team back to repeat the challenge."

--------

Sammy's POV

"I got this one, homie." Carrie said after taking the tip from the Don Box.

Devin only sighed, "Whatever." Wow, depression's already kicked in. I'm starting to debate whether his breakup with Shelly was a good thing.

The Botchers ran to search for hoops in the snow. It took my partner a little while to find a hoop, but she was able to get it on the narwhal the first try at the same time Owen was able to get his.

"Yes!" Sarah pumped a fist.

"I ringed a narwhal!" Owen cheered.

"Yay!/Nice!" Noah and I synced at the same time.

"Come on!" We ran to the snowmobiles and drove east. Some time passed until the four of us were able to find next the Don Box. In other news, the Haters (for some reason) were going back the other way. Either the Goths got the boomerang we've heard from earlier and used on them, or Stephanie and Ryan did it against themselves. I'ma go with the last one because they haven't been getting along lately from what I've seen and heard.

We then got the next tip from the Don Box.

"All-In," I read.

--------

Don's POV

"For this All In challenge, teams need to work together to saw blocks of snow and assemble them into an igloo. Once they get a thumbs up from this local, it's a footrace due east until they reach the chill zone, where I'll be surrounded by as many portable heaters as the crew can provide. Seriously. go find heaters."

--------

Sammy's POV (cont.)

Wasting no time, we got to work right away.

While we were assembling our igloos, Noah presented a heart-shaped icicle much to Emma's appreciation. Only for a moment, Kitty got her back on track then waved to me for a second, and I did the same thing back.

After Sarah and I finished, we had our igloo inspected by the native. It was approved giving us permission to the finish line. We arrived to see Don standing there with a semi-depressed look on his face, "Y-you're in 3rd place."

"Uh, what's up with you?" I questioned.

"Th-the Ice Dancers c-came in second... and they k-killed Billy!" Don pointed to the smashed snowman on the ground and cried like a baby.

I rolled my eyes in response, "Wow... your best snowman friend being murdered by Jacques and Joseé; never even saw it coming." Of course, it was very easy to see that happening.

Not too long, the Sisters and Reality TV Pros came after us in 4th and 5th place.