Episode 5: Bjorken Telephone (🇮🇸)

General POV

Sarah and Sammy raced to the Chill Zone, arriving immediately after the Reality TV Pros left. Sarah pressed the Don Box button and grabbed the tip.

"Take a bus to the geyser field of Geysisgil and locate the next Don ."

--------

Don's POV

"The geysers of Geysisgil are part of an active volcano field tucked under a skimpy twenty centimeter layer of siliceous center. Whatever that is. Sounds dangerous though."

--------

Sarah's POV

We ran ahead with the Reality TV Pros at our side, other teams behind us, and caught up with the Ice Dancers who were waiting at the bus stop.

Stephanie waved to them, "Hi!"

"Don't even think about getting on the bus before us!" Jacques exclaimed while directing a glare at us with his partner. They do realize it's a bus right? We're all getting off on the same stop and bus.

"You can't stop making me think of it." MacArthur said with her own back at them, "Get out of my head!"

Soon, we and the Reality TV Pros were caught up in the middle because of their argument, "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!" The cadet got up in their faces and ours.

"Some personal space here?" I interrupted their argument.

"Uh, guys?" Noah got our attention, "The bus." Wow, I didn't even notice it pulling up behind us. Nevertheless, we pulled ahead and took the front of the bus.

After a short ride, all of us ran to the Don Box received the next tip.

Sammy read the challenge written on it, "An All-In: Broken Icelandic Telephone?"

--------

Don's POV

"For this All-In, teams need to hold down the button on this speaker box to hear me say "Please give me my next travel tip" in Icelandic with perfect pronunciation."

I pressed the button and out came a pre-recorded voice that said, 'Vinsamlegast gefðu mér mina travel ábending.'

I continued the announcement, "Then the teams must travel across the geothermal geysers and repeat the sentence to this Icelandic local."

I noticed the woman wearing a swan dress, "Ugh! Sweet sister of ducks, what are you wearing?"

The swan let out a honk.

"Say the sentence right, and you get the next tip. Say it wrong, and you have to go all the way back to hear the sentence again."

--------

Sammy's POV

"Come on!" Noah ran ahead of us where the first three teams were ahead of us already.

"Ooh, look a speaker box," Owen pointed ahead to the telephone, "We can order food here, then carry on with the challenge!"

I shot him an unimpressed gaze, "No, Owen. That's where we're supposed to hear Don say the phrase in Icelandic. We're not getting-"

"YAY!" He darted ahead of us and pressed the button of the telephone, making me sigh.

"Vinsamlegast gefðu mér mina travel ábending," It said as the rest of us arrived.