III (Josh x Jaden)

🔥🍣🌇
"i'm right here"
josh x jaden

WARNING: mentions of sexual assault

a/n: all of the boys in this oneshot are in their senior year of high school, meaning they are 17 or 18.

josh's pov:

i hated it when other guys were all over jaden.

especially when they started touching him.

he didn't notice it as much as i did. just said that they were being friendly.

but he was just too naive for his own good.

it wasn't his fault though. he was such a caring person that he couldn't help but be nice.

i only wished he could see what i did.

we were currently at a party being hosted at jaden's house, so he was kind of responsible for talking to and taking care of everybody.

but this one guy was getting a little too touchy.

i was pretty sure jaden had said his name was mattress or mattia? something like that.

either way, he had his arm wrapped around jaden's shoulders and i was not happy about it.

we were in the kitchen, talking with the rest of the boys and some of mattia's friends.

i had been keeping my eyes on jaden the entire night because this guy had been lingering around him longer than anyone else had.

and i caught a weird vibe from him, so i knew i couldn't trust him.

eventually, i guessed that mattia had caught my gaze, because he looked at me with a smirk across his face.

i had to resist the urge to punch him in the face right then and there.

but jaden had told me that i was being way too overprotective the last time i had gotten into a fight with another friend of his for the same reasons.

so i clenched my fists and took a gulp of my drink, diverging my eyes to my best friend, bryce.

he looked over at jaden and mattia before glancing back at me with a concerned look on his face.

i nodded, silently communicating with him to let him know i felt the same way.

after a long while of small talk and repressed glances, i finished my drink and went into the kitchen to get another.

since the rest of the group was only on the other side of the kitchen, and bryce was with them, i didn't think it would be a problem to turn away from them.

but the moment i walked back to the group, i realized that jaden and mattia were gone.

i immediately rushed over to bryce who had been laughing at something someone had said.