XIV (Josh x Anthony)

🚿🩱⚗️
"confessions"
josh x anthony

a/n: would you guys rather see grio or bryce and quinton next chapter? i will comment both ships and you can reply to vote!

also, black lives matter and always have.

anthony's pov:

josh and i had been dating for almost half a year now and i couldn't be any happier.

but there was one little problem...

we weren't out to the boys or our supporters yet.

we had planned on coming out multiple times but either one or both of us never felt that the time was right, so we delayed it.

but we're both ready now. ready enough to tell the boys at least.

"ready?" josh asked softly with his arms wrapped around my waist.

we stood in the stairway while the rest of the boys watched a movie downstairs in order to psyche ourselves up for the confession.

instead of answering verbally, i placed my hand on the back of josh's neck and pulled him into a kiss.

it was soft and passionate and perfect.

it translated our unspoken emotions to one another and i nodded slightly at josh after pulling away.

he slipped his hand into mine and intertwined our fingers to gently squeeze my hand.

i love you.

i squeezed his hand in return and slowly started walking down the stairs.

i love you too.

we didn't need to speak to one another to understand each other's feelings and that was what i loved most about my relationship with josh.

he took an audibly deep breath once we reached the bottom of the stairs and he nodded at me one last time before we stepped into the living room.

the boys didn't seem to acknowledge our presence until josh cleared his throat.

they all turned to look at us and their eyes widened at the sight of our intertwined fingers.

griffin reached for the remote and paused the movie to focus his attention on the two of us.

"we have something to tell you guys." i said softly, subconsciously leaning closer to josh to hide myself behind him.

josh seemed to sense my anxiety and gently kissed me on the forehead. "it's fine, baby. i'll do all the talking." he assured.

i smiled at him and he turned back to the rest of the boys who were still staring at us in curiosity.

"ant and i have been dating for almost six months now and we wanted to let you guys know. it was getting hard to hide it so we thought it would be best to tell everyone."

his voice sounded confident but i could tell that he was a little nervous as well by the way he was squeezing my hand.

"we love each other and if you guys can't accept that then we'll be happy to leave the house and find our own place." i added.

griffin immediately shot up from his spot on the couch and walked towards us.

he expression was unreadable and i recoiled even further behind josh in anxiousness.

but then griffin broke into a smile and wrapped his arms around josh and i.

"of course we accept you guys. we've been waiting for you to tell us, it was kind of obvious."

i let out a breath i hadn't realized i was holding and smiled widely at griffin.

josh had the same expression on his face and griffin ruffled our hair. "you two were always cuddling and staring at each other. we either thought you were hiding something from us or pure idiots."

i laughed and shoved griffin's hand away. "then you guys should have told us you knew!" i pouted and crossed my arms in faux anger.

jaden laughed behind griffin and the rest of the boys came up to us.

"that's the thing, bubs. we either thought you two hadn't realized you liked one another or that you were hiding it from us. so we didn't want to pester you to tell us if you weren't ready."

josh chuckled. "yeah, i get it. thanks for letting us tell you guys on our own terms. we were thinking of coming out to our supporters tomorrow."

griffin grinned, "i think that would be great. you guys deserve to show each other off in public."

bryce rudely interrupted (as usual) and slung his arm around josh's neck to give him a noogie.

"my little brother's all grown up. i can't believe you got into a serious relationship before i did." he complained with a pout.

josh grumbled and shoved bryce away while kio playfully punched the older man in the arm. "this isn't about you, bryce!" he chastised.

i giggled at their antics and was surprised when quinton suddenly gave me a small hug and a smile.

"congratulations, ant." he said meekly.

i smiled and returned the hug, "thanks, q. it's all because of you."

and it was true.

quinton had been the one to urge me to tell josh about my feelings almost seven months ago and he was the only one who knew that we had been dating all this time.

he flashed me one last smile before dragging me to the couch with him.

this resulted in josh stumbling forward behind me as we were still holding hands.

i laughed as he steadied himself and clumsily plopped onto the couch next to me.

everyone followed after us with a laugh of their own and griffin grabbed the remote.

"we were just rewatching clueless since they put it back on netflix. it's only been like twenty minutes so we can restart it if you want." he explained.

i perked up at the mention of clueless. that was my favorite 90's movie.

"yes, please restart it! i love this movie." i exclaimed while nuzzling into josh's open arms.

griffin rewinded the movie and we all settled in to start watching.

josh pulled me between his legs so my back was resting against his chest and i tilted my head to kiss him on the jaw.

"i love you," i whispered to him.

he returned the kiss to my hairline and i could feel him smiling. "i love you too." he replied.

i sighed in content and looked around at all my friends in pure happiness.

this was everything i had ever wanted. a loving boyfriend and accepting friends.

i couldn't ask for more.

• • •

hey guys!

how was this?

i know this chapter is super short but it was fluffy and cute so i hope you enjoyed it.

please go vote for either grio or bryce and quinton as i requested at the beginning of this chapter!

i promise that the next chapter will be much longer than this one.

don't forget to vote and comment, it motivates me to write!

see you guys next chapter.

- solace