Chapter 1

"She's delightfully chaotic: a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure." - Steve Maraboli

***

God, I will never drink again for the rest of my life.

I open my eyes and immediately feel a headache creeping to the top of my head. I touch my nose, good, still intact. I reach under my blanket. Oh good, I'm still wearing my panties.

I must have had like, 8 tequila shots last night, and possibly with 3 whiskey. I think I got home in a cab..... I'm not so sure.

Is that my cellphone ringing?

"Hello?"

"Pam, you are coming to Cultural History class, right?"

It's Lauren, my classmate.

"Of course I am, that's the only class that stops me from graduating. When does that class start?"

"Um, right now?"

"Goddammit."

I jumped out of the bed and grab the first pair of shoe I saw – a pair of black Converse sneakers. I am still wearing last night's lacey black dress that is a bit see-through, but I think my brown trench coat will cover it just fine. 

I ran to class and found the door is located in front of the class, beside the professor's desk, which means everyone will see me walking in late. 

I keep my head down while I walk to the back row to find Lauren. 

"Isn't that last night's dress?" she asks.

"Yeah," I say while I pull my cellphone out, "By the way, how did we get home last night? I can't remember a th–"

"You at the back!" we heard someone shouts, who turned out to be the Professor. "Can you please move to the front so you can contain yourself from talking and disturbing the whole class?"

I look at Lauren, feeling guilty. "Oh Lauren, I'm so sorry..."

"What? Me?" Lauren says, confused. "He meant you!" she whispers.

"Yes, you, the lady who also came late to my class."

Everyone is now staring at me. Every. one. 

Sighing, I stand up and walk my way to the first row. I see two guys sitting next to me. A blonde guy in blue sweatshirt and a dark brown haired guy who is looking at me with amusement, almost like a mocking smile.

"Now young lady... What's your name?" the Professor asked. 

"Pamela Pollak," I reply sheepishly.

He glares, "You speak very loud when you're not supposed to, but very softly when you're actually given a chance to talk. A sign of a shallow mind."

Excuse me?

I hear chuckles from the class, especially the dark brown haired guy.

"Pamela, you will be sitting exactly right where you are from now on," the Professor says again.

"But Sir, I..."

"No excuses or I will fail you."

"Geez," I hiss.

"You posses a danger," he says, adjusting his glasses. 

The dark brown haired guy chuckled. I turn my gaze right at him, "Shut up," I snap.

He continues to chuckle and just then I notice the blonde guy sitting next to him. 

Wait a minute.

Is that...?

He looked away.

"Continuing with our lesson..." the Professor says, "Please turn to page 3 of your textbook."

Shit. What textbook? Isn't this the first class? 

I must have begun to look panicky because the Professor is now turning to me. Again. 

"You don't have your book, do you, Miss Pollak?" he says. 

OH MY GOD. What does he have against me? Seriously.

"No, Sir, since this is the first class, I didn't know we already have a book..."

"I'm not at all interested in your excuses," he says. Then he turns to the blonde guy beside me, "Mr. Wales, do you mind sharing with Miss Pollak for today?"

I turn to him. Wow, it really is him. 

William Wales.

"Sure, of course," he replies.

I was about to thank William but he pushes his book in front of me and says, "You can use my book. I'll just share with Blaine." 

Blaine, I suppose, is that annoying guy next to him.

"Right," I nod, "Thanks, and sorry for this."

He gives no reply. No smile, not even a nod.

Ha. This is why people say you shouldn't meet your idol. 

***