Chapter 7

I start slowing down when I reach campus gate. I'm beginning to think about how silly I was acting and I should have just ignored those two girls. But then I can't. I can't ignore them and as a matter of fact, I still feel intimidated with the way they looked at me.

Oh God, I must be having my period soon, that's why I am being a nonsense.

I decided to get some fresh air before I return to my dorm so I walk toward the hill at the back of the campus. It is a secret little place I found while I was jogging one morning. It has a thick, comfortable grass for me to lay down after a jog.

I kick off my shoes  and feel the fresh grass underneath my toes. I lay down and see a clear blue sky on top of me. I start thinking about home. How close I am to my return. My mom, my house, my old room...

"Hello there," I heard a voice.

I sit right up in shock. "F**k. Oh f**k, you startled me. Sorry."

It's William.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to give you a fright. So sorry," he says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"This is my jogging track," he says, pointing at the clothes he's wearing, "Why are you sleeping here?"

"I wasn't sleeping, I was, um,..." I pause.

"Meditating?"

"Something like that. I jog here too sometimes, how come I never saw you?"

"I probably see you," he says, "And you probably see me. We just haven't met."

"Good point."

"Can I sit next to you?" he asks

I look at him and start laughing, "I've never met a guy who actually asked me permission to sit next to me."

"Really?" he says, "That explains."

"That explains what?"

"Why you're so defensive all the time."

"Defensive?"

"Like you're so mad at people."

"Are you talking about what happened with Blaine? How could I not be mad at him? That pompous friend of yours was..."

"He already apologized and yet you are still mad."

"I'm not mad anymore."

"Good. Because we did feel bad about it. Why don't you go back to our class?"

"No chance in hell. I like my new class," I grin. "Teacher gives good grades."

We fall into silence. I decided to lay down again. And to my surprise, he follows and lays down right beside me.

"Aren't you gonna miss this campus after we graduate?" he asks.

"I guess so, yeah."

"You guess so? You, of all people, must have had an amazing time here."

I scoff, "You barely knew me."

"The girl who dates the most popular guy on campus and showed up in class wearing a party dress is clearly having an amazing time here."

I laugh, "I woke up late that day and no, I am not dating the most popular guy in campus."

"Is Christian not your boyfriend?"

"I wish. But hold on, aren't you the most popular guy on campus?" I gave him a smirk. 

"I am the most popular guy in the world, dude," he says and we both end up laughing and laughing. And for some reason we just can't stop laughing.