Chapter 5

On Saturday, I decided to finally say yes to a male friend's invitation to go out. George is a Commerce major who simply has too much money to care whether he makes it in school or not. He has a family empire waiting for him, therefore he spends his time buying nice cars and going out with girls.

We went out once and I found him quite boring, so I kept saying no to his second date invites. But tonight, I was bored, Lauren is out on a date, so here I am.

After dinner, he asked if I wanted to come to a party with him. I said why not. I was wearing my new jade green silk dress, and it'll be a waste if George is the only one who gets to see it.

The party is held at a Country Club near campus, which George claims to be an "exclusive member" of. We entered, and I immediately spot a couple of girls from school. I said hi to them, start drinking wine, and before I know it, we were singing loudly to Miley's Wrecking Ball. 

Then I realize George is no longer beside me. Where the fuck is he?

I excused myself from the girls and started walking around the club. Suddenly a familiar face appeared before me. 

"So you decided to come to this party after-all?" William says with his shy smile.

I look at him with confusion. Oh my God, is this the party that Blake mentioned the other day?

"I notice that you came with George," he says.

"Oh, so this is the party."

"Yes," he says, smiling, "Not so many rich people talking about horses, right?"

I chuckle, "No, apparently not."

"I saw you singing with your friends earlier. Well, it was more of a shouting."

I laugh, "Was it that loud?"

"You don't have a drink in your hand. Would you like some?"

"No, no, thank you. I was just looking for George. I seem to have lost him."

"Well, you seem to have abandoned him for shouting," he chuckles

I laugh again, "My bad. Now I kind of regret it because he's my ride home."

William paused for a moment.

"Ok, I better continue finding George now..." I say, "See you."

"Why don't you go home with me?" he says

"I'm sorry?"

"I may not drive a car as nice as George's, but... Mine got four wheels too."

Okay, that was corny.

Part of me cannot believe this, but the other part begins to feel ridiculously excited. Going home with the Prince of England? Oh my God, somebody hands me a ball gown!

"Oh, but, don't you have.... How about the people who came here with you?" I ask, "I'm not in the mood to be in a car with a bunch of people who talk about..."

"Horses," we say together before we laugh. 

"I came here by myself," he says, "You're good."

I was considering for a moment and then I feel a hand touching my shoulder.

I turn my head and see Christian.

"Got you," he says, putting his hand around my shoulders. He looks at William, "Hey mate, what's up?"

"Hey, Chris," William says, "Good, all good."

Christian turns his head toward me and our cheeks brush into each other. "Let's get out of here?" he asks.

"I came here with George," I said, "And I am sure you came here with someone else."

"Well, sweetheart, every time we see each other, we're together," he smiles, "So come on."

I look at William and he looks at me. I gave him a slight smile before I turn around and walk hand-in-hand with Christian.

***