Chapter 15

I emerged from the tube station in London and immediately hear the cars, people chattering, the steps of people walking in a hurry, all things that remind me of New York. I take a long, deep breath of the big city's hustle and bustle air. I am so excited. In less than 3 months, I will be back to having this every day.

I look around to make sure I'm at the right street. The Color Run Company is located in a loft, so I may have missed it. Then I see the sign and I entered.

"Pamela!" a guy in a red velvet suit greets me, "Hi, I'm Ken."

"Oh, hi Ken. Pamela," I shake his hand.

"I gotta say, you're very pretty! You have a... Thai blood?"

"My mom comes from an Asian country, yes."

"Of course!" he claps his hand, "How lovely. I loveee Asia. Let's go to my office."

As expected, his office is full of colors. Actually it looks like someone just drew an abstract paint all over it.

"Would you like a drink? Our mojito is to die for," he says.

"Mojito?"

"Yes, we have a bar here."

"Oh. Ok. Thank you."

He pressed a button in his phone to inform his assistant. Then he sits in the chair beside me. "So," he says to me, "I am very happy with our deal. I can not believe you get our Prince of Wales doing this. Are you guys close friends?"

"Um, no," I say, "He's just kind, I guess."

"Reallyyy? That's not the vibe I got when he spoke to me earlier."

"He spoke to you earlier?"

"Oh crap, I'm sorry. Bollocks. I shouldn't have told you!"

I become more confused. "Why?"

"Well. I shouldn't have said anything. But he did call earlier. I thought I was pranked! I was so rude to him at first. I mean, it's normal, right? Who would expect Prince of Wales would call me?"

"Why did he call you?"

"Well, that's the good question. Because he was just introducing himself and he asked about the meeting I have with you today and... Oh to be honest, I don't know what else happens. I think I just kept talking and talking, I had these things I have been wanting to say to the Royal Family. So I figured I should use the chance."

"Okay." I say. This guy is so weird.

"Anyway," he claps his hand again, "Are we ready to sign the deal? I just need your signature on some papers."

"Yes please," Pamela says, "Let's get it over with."

###

I stepped out of Color Run office an hour later with a bit of a headache. Ken kept talking the whole time, my head hurts. I decided to get some coffee on my way to the hotel.

I choose a very modest hotel in Chinatown. I could have opt for a better room, but the ticket for Miss Saigon was so pricey, I have no more money left. So I wasn't surprised to see the room being so small and the bed looks like it has been there since Queen Victoria era. I just hope I'll wake up safely tomorrow.

I take a quick shower and dry my hair. I'm wearing a long, white silk dress. It's very simple, but it has a very sensual element because of the low cut lace in cleavage area. And I always look better in white. I think. 

But I look a bit like a bride.

Oh, whatever.

I call taxi company to pick me up while I finish my hair-do. I decide to roll my hair into a small bun, and I finish with a long gold earrings to frame my face.

"Good evening ma'am. Your taxi here," someone says from outside the door.

Wow, this place might be a getto but the people are talking in St. Regis style.

"Thank you," I shout back and grab my clutch. I open the door and walk down to the lobby. I see a black car that's waiting in front, with a man in suit standing beside the door.

"Good evening ma'am," he actually bows.

Shit. I ordered for a regular taxi. Why did they send me a limo service? Do they do these automatically for people who are going to London theater?

I hope my credit card would work later.

"Good evening," I say to him. He opens the car door and then I see a familiar face already sitting inside.

William.

Suddenly it makes sense why he called Ken.

###